Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

My name is Dave, my partner and I own a small business in the logging industry here in Oregon. This is just another hobby for me. I have a 99ss camaro that i have been wanting to play with, it is bone stock for the most part. I have an exhaust system on order and plan on H/C in the future. I decided to to get a hptuner after researching forums, hptuner seemed like the one for me. I plan on tinkering with the tune in stock form and working up from there to headers/exhaust/tc and then h/c, I enjoy working the mechanical side of things but am a little dense when it comes to computers. Hope i didnt get in over my head

Welcome Dave,
    You'll find all the help you need on this forum. Great idea doing modifications in steps. That will save alot of headaches.
    -Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

Hi, fellas! 8)

Most of you LS1/LS6 folks know me from the other boards. I'm on my second LS1-powered car, a 2000 'Vette. My first was a 1999 Camaro SS which I sold about two years after I purchased it new.

I just got my copy of HP Tuners on Friday and I dove right in today. ;D

So far, so good!
    Steve - NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired)&&Life Member: VFW & Vietnam Vets of America&&2000 C5 441 rwhp/418 rwtq 11.478 @ 121.55 60\'=1.696

Tuner

Jim K. here. I owned a 1988, 1996, and 2002 camaro before my current ride a 2004 vette. How funny that Xtrooper is posted above me. I remember when he spanked my hand on another board for my first double post on another board. Good to see you Xtrooper and Semper Fi. You have been a good source for info. Anyway, I am new to tuning but have about 2 years of LS1 knowledge built up from reading. I am now ready to learn to tune my own car and very excited. I have monitored this board for a few months since hearing and learning of HPtuners and just been waiting for the right time to get it. I ordered mine this morning and looking forward to getting it. Here to you all

Jim K.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Hello, my name is Chad. That is all, nothing else to see.

Tuner

Hi Guys........Name is Mark, I'm a motor mechanic and own my own shop in Australia, I'm new to this forum (2 days). I've been building hypo v8s in australia now for 12 yrs. cant make up my mind on purchasing HPTuner or the oposition, must say this forum is heeps better than the others I've been to. I've got limited experience in programming VCM's. but with experience in engines and vehicles i'm hoping its not going to be too hard.....right... :huh2:. Anyway. if i can help with some problems posted i will. cheers....

Potential Tuner

Hello my name is chris and im new the tuning world. From Odessa Texas

Tuner in Training

Howdy Yall! My name is Dave and there isnt any thing I havent worked on on these LS1's

I have a 02' WS6 A4 with cam and most of the bolt ons to go with it.
    I have previously had the car tuned with the Preditor but about a month ago I purchased the HPtuners and love it

Nice community you gals and guys have here 8)
    2002 WS6, ASC# 3111, Fully Loaded, MagnaFlow Stainless Cat Back, Direct Flo Lid, port and Polished TB, 224 Comp Cam, March Underdrive Pulley, 383.9 rwhp, 373.8 rwtq, 12.29 @ 114mph

Potential Tuner

whats up boys , my name's Andrew.im a journeyman electrician.i have a 2002 camaro SS.and using a little spray currently...looking into some tuning very soon.figure i'd get on here now to learn a few thing's.
    2002 Bright Red SS LS6...K&N filter,MSD 8.5mm wire\'s,160* thermostat,Superchip\'s Programmer,smooth bellow,free mod\'s,SlowMaster muffler,Pro 5.0 w/LSS,TNT F2 150-shot,TR6\'s [email protected],Timing Tuner.&&

Tuner in Training

Charlie, US Army, only a nickel left before retiring.
    Grew up in MI, now stationed in Hawaii and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I just started tuning using the PITA Edit last year, learned quite a lot, but I am crossing over to the right side with HPT for my New Year. Already learning from this site, very good info shared in here.

Charlie
    00 NBM Z28 Rossler A3 ATI 4k TC, 347 w/ ETP 225's, EDC 231/242 .637/.622 @ 114*, LS6 Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Wolfe 6pt, BADZ LCA, Spohn SFC & TA, Custom 2 Stage N2O. Next up, 90/90, 9" and Bogarts.

Tuner

Victor, also US Army, also supposed to be in Afghanistan, but I'm currently on Medical leave for tear my ACL in my right knee. Isn't Bahgram beautiful.
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Potential Tuner

Hello everybody, Rick here. From the Pacific Northwest. Specifically the Seattle area.

Just ordered Tuner a couple days ago. I have an 01 Formula thats going to get a cam swap in the next month or so. I also have a 67 Chevelle project car thats about 65% done.

I am pretty good on pc's and wrenchin, but this tuner stuff has me looking like a deer in headlights. Eagerly waiting for the package to arrive so I can jump in with both feet.
    01 Formula, Lid, Ported T/B, R/T Cats & Y, Hooker Cat-Back, SLP CAI, 315/335

Tuner

Hi, I'm Jason from Florida.
    I've done just about everything to older small block chevys, then I moved on to big blocks. I do all my work except machine shop stuff. I build my own transmissions.

I've had my 2002 SS for about 6 months now and have only done a lid, LM exhaust and shift kit.

Someone showed me the HP Tuners set up and made some adjustments to my shift points and TM.
    Also showed me the timing and fuel curve tables, etc.

So I will soon miss the days of changing jets, advance weights and springs, transmission shift valve springs, governor weights, etc, etc.

I'm going to keep it mostly stock except for a lot of tuning experimentation. Maybe a converter later on.
    This and a new laptop is a christmas present to myself. ;D

Tuner

That sure is a nice x-mas present, congrats, you'll enjoy it
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Tuner in Training

Hi all, new but have always lurked. HP tuners trade in program was too good to pass up, plus the EIO and soon to be released 2 bar SD tuning package will really help me tune my force inducted beast to lower times at the track. So far i've read my PCM and was blown away with how fast that was
    Thanks Keith and Chris for your outstanding customer service, really made choosing to go with you guys instead of efilive a lot easier.
    J
    98 Formula A4 |DIY'er Racing Turbo Set Up|9.1 comp Forged internal Block|ROCK ON Stage 4 4L60E|Vig3800|HPT/Synergymotorsports assisted Tune|

Potential Tuner

Hi,

New to this site. An old gear head, whom is now buidilng some products that connect to ODBII port. Have the physical layers done, can talk CAN J1939, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and currently listen on LIN. I am trying to read the Diagnostic Trouble Codes on a Ford J1850 PWM PCM and don't seem to be able to get anything but what I believe to be a "I am busy" error response.

I have tried various requests with both Mode 13 and Mode 17 request messages but haven't gotton anyting but an "11" as the last byte of the response, which I believe to be the I am busy response service.

Sending in the normal sevice 1, Pid 3, I get a response with a single error code 0x01, 0x00.

I am talking to a "bench pcm" so I would think I would get a ton of error codes. What am I missing?

Odd way to introduce myself, but that's why I'm here.

By the way, I might be able to supply some "hacker needs" at some point, but just need to read out some codes from my dead mustang. It cranks fine but does not start. If there is an easy way to read out the codes through some flashes and such, like on the chevies and chryslers, please let me know.

Regards,
    Don

Potential Tuner

New to the Board

I found this board through LS1Tech and decided that it was time to start learning more about what makes the computer controlled systems perform in the cars I am building.
    I hold a degree in electrical engineering and have worked mostly in defense systems for the last 20+ years. Cars have always been my true passion, defense work pays the bills....
    I am a hot rodder at heart...I have a 50 Merc and a 35 Chevy coupe both with LS6 engines and C4 IFS/IRS.
    Bear with me while I learn the new terminology and hopefully I can make a contribution every now and again.

Chuck
    SoCal

Tuner in Training

Howdy,

Name Is Nate(dogg). I am working for a degree in electronics at Devry University, and love cars. I am an IT Contractor when I have free time these days.

I really like turboing things .

I've played with some 300zx's, some s10s, and my favorite, my GP GTP.

Potential Tuner

How's it going? Me llamo Donnie. I must say that I'm very much looking forward to getting my software and finally doing some real tuning on my truck.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/images/thumbup.gif
    xx
    02 Sierra 5.3L Reg. Cab. Black&&K&N intake, Grenatelli MAF, BBK TB, ASM LT Headers, No Cats, Duals w/ Flowmasters, TCI 3000 stall, 4.10\'s w/ Eaton Posi, NX kit, flexalite 292, 160* stat, and HPtuners

howdy

tom from michigan, been reading since october on here and tech. Learning a lot, I can't wait till winter is over so I can order and get started.
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress