Page 71 of 115 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Greetings all.. I am new to this spectrum of automotive tuning. I have extensive background in HVAC/Refrigeration control systems. Will only be doing my personal vehicles. Looks like a great community here!!

Tuner in Training
    Hello all, I am just gearing up for an LS swap into my '04 4x4 blazer. I have a lot to learn ! I figure I will cut my teeth playing with the 201,000 mile 4.3 until I accumulate all my bits & pieces for the upgrade. I look forward to tuning my own vehicle. P.S. I might be one of the last people to purchase a new 6012, I did not want wireless & plan on a N Gauge in the future for logging. I need to make some Ford friends, fast ! I am eagerly awaiting delivery.

Potential Tuner
    Greetings all,

My name is Steve and I build telematic and diagnostic decoders for J1939, J1708/J1587, OBD2 and proprietary vehicle bus protocols (Nissan, Infiniti, GM, etc). I have been using RR3 for about 4 hours and I am hooked. So long DashWare.

Tuner in Training
    Hello Everyone,

I am Justin from Anchorage, Alaska. I am GM engine/trans swapping a 1997 BMW 540i. The car runs good but was leaking from every gasket.. and a quad cam 4.4L V8 has gaskets everywhere.. I am a DIY'er and even my cost to pull the engine and do all the included maintenance plus gasket pack would be well over $1500 so I decided to go GM cheap and reliable. Maybe a turbo in the future..

I just received my HPT MPVI2 Interface today! Excited to remove VATS as a start.. going to run the engine on a stand before I fully commit to installing it!

Tuner in Training
    Howdy All,
    I am Adam from Alberta. I have two diesel trucks right now with a bunch more coming in the future. I primarily use HPT for my gf's 03 cummins (mods are listed in my sig). I have a intermediate understanding of how diesels work but am always learning more as I go. Right now I am trying to squeeze the most fuel mileage out of the truck as she puts on 375miles (600km) ish a week. The current tune i have in it has a bit more fuel in the top end (so that its not totally gutless lol) but in the cruising range it is stock. Other than zeroing the post injection i have began pulling pilot out in the cruising rpms that she usually is at to see if it helps any.
    Any advice is always appreciated as i try to learn something everyday.
    03 3500 CCSB SRW 4X4 4:10's
    4.5" lift, 35's, AFE stg1 pro dry, BD SuperB Special, BD Manifold, Stock inj, Arson CP3 kit, Airdog 100, Mild trans build, DiPricol Gauges, Good Lookin Bolt-Ons

Potential Tuner
    Hi names Carl
    Just finished my c10 with a 5.3 swap. I am looking to get into the tune of the stuf that I want to do to the truck. I have no experience with tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Hey! I'm Murph and I've only recently (past few years) taken an interest in cars after learning how to fix my first new car. I'm pretty computer savvy and I was hoping to translate that to my new found joy! I consider myself mechanically inclined, but I fix aircraft for a living and not cars so I'm still learning a few things. I'm at the point to where I want to start learning how to tune since the warranty is up on my 2015 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost. Still waiting on support for it though.. Anyway I'll continue to lurk and take notes!

Potential Tuner
    Hey, I'm Joe and newbie on the forum,
    I have a 2013 C6 that has recently had some upgrades. I purchased my HP Tuner MPVI from a reseller with 8 credits. I have been able to enter my application key and get it validated. The paperwork that cam with the device say's that's all I need to do. That does not seem to be correct. When I validate the application key the screen just sits there. If I close it using the upper right hand corner X it seems to put the device in demo mode which is useless.

Where is the newbie help. I don't want to waste anyones time, I just need to make progress.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Eric. I am new to the swap/pcm life but have been around cars and swaps old school stuff. I have just purchased the HP tuners MPVI 8 credits. My final goal is to be able to tune both my 2002 s10 with a 5.3... Still in the works for the final setup and my son and I are working on a 1956 Nomad that we are putting a 6.0 manual trans in. In the few days I have been looking around I have learned alot but still looking through all the pages lots of great info out here.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

I'm Scott. I have spent my spare time working on old cars and new. Worked at a multiline GM dealer in the 90's. I have used Tuner Pro, EFI Live and now HP. I am not a tuner as of yet. I mostly have changed fan settings, removed DTC's and stuff like that. I have to a small side business/shop that I want to put a dyno in and get serious about tuning. But for now I'm just here to learn.

Potential Tuner

Looking good information. And it all here somewhere.

Hey Guys
    Name is Ken. Looking to learn enough about tuning Gen 2 Vortec's and LT1's to work on my 97 Vortec RCSB with 411 PCM with 24X Ignition. Swap is already done on Silverado Vortec just need tuning. Then I can finally be rid of the opti-spark distributor on my 95 383 LT1 in a 90 S10 Blazer by upgrading it to 24X ignition. Should be a fun adventure.

Hello everyone, My name is Tom and I've decided to enter this crazy world of tuning. I'm a mechanical engineer, and have built many cars over the years but have never messed with the computer systems. I'm hoping my technical background can help me on this journey. I currently have a 2002 C5 road race car with H/C/I blah blah... and a 2014 Cayman S. When I built the Corvette it drove me absolutely nuts that I didn't have control over the tuning. So here we go...

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Been here before but old account no bueno I guess. Cheers !

Tuner in Training
    Hi, professional motorcycle mechanic who's been self teaching since high school. Got into the car tuning world to finish off my C10 going onto a 2007 Escalade chassis/drivetrain. Great forum, great product so far.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Kevin from Ardmore Alberta. I'm a shop owner and have a passion for making things better. I have a strong background in diagnostics and repair.... I feel like i'm ready to take on the next challenge and offer owner/vehicle specific tunes to our customers.

Thanks for all your hard work HPT!!!

Hello, My name is Rey. I own Badger Tuners. I made the Jump from Carbs to E-Tunes. I held out as long as I could. I have a Dynocom 7500 Chassis Dyno and a serious passion for tuning. Which brings me to the question. How do I get my status as a Tuner in Training upgraded? I feel so not taken seriously after tuning for a couple years with HP Tuners, having graduated SAM Tech in 1999, Raced and Tuned for many many. I have posted 32 threads. Whats a fella gotta do to earn more street credit here?

Thanks a million and best wishes to all the other Tuners, Wrenches, Head Bangers and Street Squirrels.

It's just a forum post count thing, nobody really takes any of that seriously. It could take 100 posts or whatever to reach the next "level". Then from there it could be 1,000+ or 2,000+ posts to get those silly names.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my names Jason from Alberta, Canada I have a 2009 CTS V M6. Have headers, injectors, pulleys, GP 2.5 cam, ZL1 lid, really enjoyed the mechanical part and installing everything. The tuning was done remotely and it just isn't right. I have a bucking/jerking at part throttle in the low teens rpm that the tuner can't get rid of. Almost makes the car not enjoyable to drive anymore. If there was someone local or a shop that could guarantee to tune the jerking out it would be great also.
    Never attempted to make a change to a tune (not that I know how to) but thought it's time to learn.... or sell the car. So I'll start here looks like there a ton knowledge and lots to learn.

Potential Tuner
    Michael Lefebvre 2017 chevy silverado 5.3 8 speed
    i currently have diablo I2030 with a custom tune i am going to purchase a hp tuner but need to know if it will make a difference .

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone. Looking forward to learning more here on how to get the most out of my new Chevy Colorado ZR2 with the 3.6 V6. Getting cat back exaust soon. Need to learn how to tune my ride to get the most out of it.

Cheers,
    Wayne