Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner

How's it goin!

Morning folks!

The names Justin, new to HPTuners and new to tuning in general so I'm sure I'll be on this forum often looking for help, already been reading up on quite a lot. The project in question is a good ol LS Turbo into a 'MINT' 83 ford Fairmont. Want to make this thing a quick driver, the goal being 500+rwhp, A/C, stereo and something my girlfriend won't scream and run from. With the build being almost done 6mo in the making, tuning is the last piece of the puzzle for me. My other project is a 86 Alfa Romeo Spider that I put a euro intake on to run carbs so not much tuning there although she could use some love as well but runs and drives alright. Either way, first things first is smoky burnouts! Glad I joined up folks, the forum seems to be a lot of help!

Specs on the Fairmont -> Gen 3 5.3L w/ truck intake, car oil pan/water pump, high mount compressor/alternator, Volvo radiator/fan combo, VSR 78/75 Cast turbo w/ intercooler, Circle D converter, 8.8 3.73 rear end, AEM 400lph pump, 80# injectors, stock computer, PSI conversion harness, tubular K member swap, 4L80e trans
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JustJeff; 06-12-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Added pictures

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,

I wish I was here to enjoy the forum for leisure, but unfortunately I'm here trying to figure out why my brand new MPVI2 cable can't license my vehicle. I've attempted to resync the device multiple times and the credits that I've purchased for my pro feature set are not showing up. If I hit the blue I it does show there that 4 credits are available. But on the license information page there is nothing.

176071 is my ticket # if anyone cares to help. Pretty frustrating after the cost of the MPVI2/pro features...all the work I've done to the car plus paid for tuning assistance that I can't just get my credits to apply.

Tuner
    Hello people. My name is Rob and new to tuning and HP Tuners. I recently took the Tuning school Ford beginners course( my head was spinning). Between the course and this forum I have begun to get the big picture, still learning everyday. I have a 2017 Mustang auto with a VMP GEN2R kit. Taking small steps with the tune but progressing. Look forward to engaging with you all on this forum. Seems there are a lot of tuner smart people on here that take the time to explain thinga, thank you for that. Cheers Rob

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys. I?m looking for someone local with the program that can do a DOD disable for a reasonable price. I live in Glasgow Ky. I have a 2013 Chevy Tahoe. I hear the process is pretty easy if you have the program.

Potential Tuner
    Hey names brad .

From northern BC Canada
    Have a 6.0 motor/96mm turbo
    Stage 3 btr turbo cam and springs
    New to the tuner . But figuring it out as I go . Have a issue but will post in the appropriate section

Potential Tuner
    My name is Danny. I am here to learn about getting a custom tune, what gains to expect, and what other changes I should or could make. I have a 2011 C6 Corvette GS that is completely stock and I want more power and lower et's. I love driving almost anything. I also have 2 Jeeps and a 1976 ProStreet C10. I haven't been on any kind of forum in about 10 years so it might take some time digging around to find my way around. Anyway, I will be doing some reading to learn where to start on my Vette. Any input or recommendations are welcome. Thanks guys.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all, I've been reading and lurking on and off for the last few years. I think life has finally afforded me the opportunity to try and figure out the tuning on my wife's daily driver. Unfortunately the software side seems much more difficult than the hardware side of things, and i'm only one generation away from dragging my knuckles when I walk. I'm getting ready to log my first drive in over a year to see if I can get the mileage and performance issues figured out.
    1999 K2500 Suburban; 411 swap, Vortec 454, 4l80e, 4.10's, Banks headers and exhaust, CompCams XR264hr cam, 1.72 rocker arms with springs, Bosch 36# Injectors (0280155759)

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone 👋

My name is Luis Tucker I live in northern California , YOLO County to be exact. I've been on this forum for a year or so now asking questions and learning and I realized I have not introduced myself and wanted to do so before I forgot again. I tune on a N/A 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 that's going e85 soon and I also daily drive and will start tuning in July with HP my Big Turbo 03 PT cruiser . It's running on stock PCM right now but will be getting a stage 1 tune as soon as we can this next month . I look forward to meeting with everyone and getting to know more people. Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Florida, Im Dave and I am beginning the build of my hp97 atk based lm7 to replace my ls1 in my 1998 Trans Am. I have the newest mpvi2 and plan on using it to adjust the stock ls1 tune to the new cam and engine profile.

Ill be using the factory manifolds for now, and will be adding headers later this year.

Everything else will go from the hydrolocked ls1 to the new lm7 as far as trans (t56) and accessories, and my goal is to get this motor running as good as my ls1 did or maybe a bit better.

Ive been reading a number of threads here that have really helped me to see what can be done with the hp tuner, and its pretty freaking amazing.

Ill start a thread on the build with some youtube videos and images as I go, and if anyone sees a point where they have any input, it will be received with open ears and eyes.

Cheers!

Potential Tuner
    Hello I have a over 30 years of hotrod and auto racing experience, but I am new to HP tuners. My name is Ty and I've put my backhalfed 65 Chevelle Drag car in storage to experiment with a 99 Z28 street car. I just got the camed L33 5.3 and 4l80e in the car. Now I've wired it with a stock type 99-02 f-body wire harness and i have a junkyard 0411 pcm from an 01 s10 (12208322). All that's left is to make it run well, install the A/C, and sort out the nitrous.

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Arkansas, my name is Josh. I have a few cars and have tuned with moates quarterhorse/ binary editor for the last 6 years on fords, new to hp tuners and look forward to the knowledge base here.

Hello, I just recently purchased HPtuners and look forward to learning learning all about it from the experienced users here. I am not new to tuning. I learned with Megasquirt then went on to a Evo 8 ECU in my 90 Talon using EvoScan . Now I have a 2010 Cobalt SS that was tuned by the previous owners back in 2011 (car only has 50k miles) but after scanning it I see some things that bother me after scouring the LNF posts I see from searching. Hopefully some of the LNF gurus that are left will be able to help.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, My name is James Schronce (Vern829)

I work building Satellite antennas so I am a metal fabricator, welder, machinist , painter and assembler.
    I have done this for going on 28 years.
    I grew up with my dad in the garage. by day he worked for my uncle and by night he ran his own shop.
    I was raised turning wrenches and helping my dad do about anything you could imagine.

I have always had grease under my nails and always will.

Nice to be in the forum

James

Tuner in Training
    hello everyone i am mark sinsel i have a 2014 jeep grand cherokee srt with some basic mods , i want to learn a lot about tuning i have another tuner but i am not getting out of it what i want and i feel like its not doing much at all and i can not change the parameters i need to to make it work better , just a canned tune , but want i want to know as well is , know i need 2 credits i think one for my OEM back up and one for the tune correct ? also is there a tune on this i can upload and adjust it as i need to ? and do i have to buy credits every time i edit remove or install a tune to the same vehicle ? thank you so much can't wait to learn more

Potential Tuner
    Hey all, name's Rob

I did a 392 Hemi swap into a 2000 Dakota R/T, with a Cope Racing 46RE (full manual vb, brake and 2-step) and a 9.25 with Detroit Locker and 4.56 gear set.
    I'm just getting started with HPTuner MVPI2, and I have a professional doing the tuning for me.

This truck is a wicked ride!

Potential Tuner
    What's up? My name is Destry. I'm looking to make the jump from diabloSport tuner to HP. Looks like my DS took a dump. I have a pro doing my tuning, I'm just thinking this is going to be better than the DS tuner I have, especially if it works. LOL!

Potential Tuner

Intro. Hello All.

Got a 2013 Stang a year ago with an SCT x4 tuner. They don't support nitrous so. . . Have retired from Los Alamos National Lab about 15 years ago. Live off grid in self designed and built home. New hobbies include this new MVI 2 HP tuner. All works fine so far. Educating myself about the copperhead ecu while wife looks on with a worried expression. At least she is still here.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I'm David Miller from Sonora Ca. I just bought my first tuner to help with an automatic to manual swap in a 2000 S10 ZR2 with a 4.3. I bought this truck for my son who is just learning to drive, I have always wanted to be able to do my own tunes rather than having to pay someone, and this was my excuse to buy a tuner. There is no one in my area doing tunes, so you have to travel to get anything done. I'm looking forward to learning how to tune. I am considering purchasing some online classes from the Tuning School, but they are pretty costly. Anyway, I am happy to be starting to learn, and looking forward to how I can improve the performance of this 2000 S10 4.3 for starters.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Jacob, live in Ohio. I am hoping to get some advise on flat towing my 2016 mustang. It is equipped with 6cly mated with 6r80 transmission. Ford, along with all mainstream brick and mortar trans shops say no way, no how, you’ll shoot your eye out kid. This forum looks like a well read group of outside the box thinkers. How do I get a conversation started on my questions.

Potential Tuner
    hi my name is Brian from Tennessee lived in Florida before i just bought hp tuners this is my first time trying to learn and use it . i used to have a 05 gto and 2011 camaro ss built my good friend tuned it for me now i live here in Tennessee. My truck is a 2014 Gmc sierra 5.3 flex fuel mods are L86 intake and throttle body swap cold air intake muffler delete and flapper delete 170 t stat.