Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Steve here from Napa CA. Hoping to get some EFI tuning advice for my 01 Mustang Gt for Bracket racing. EFI is all new to me, I come from the carbuerated era. Is there a section for asking dumb questions

Potential Tuner
    David here from Dallas texas. Just swapped 2001 LS1/6spd into my 1967 Firebird. Running but want to do some tweaking.

Joe from Central Pennsylvania. Looking for some good tips and ideas on how to improve my skills tuning Fords, perhaps GM at a later date. I have a 2005 Mustang 4.0 V6, with basic bolt on's, looking to add some custom tune performance to my car. So far, the software seems very user friendly.

Potential Tuner
    Mike from Southeast Michigan. Just ordered HPTuners to start playing with my GEN III and GEN V trucks. I have some ECU calibration experience on turbocharged Subarus, I owned them for about 12 years and re-calibrated them myself with a good degree of success. After learning about GEN III calibrations, it would seem it is very similar to the Subaru tuning I've done. The GEN V stuff is new to me and I have a LOT to learn there.
    Mike

2014 Sierra 1500 4wd All-Terrain CCRB - Daily Driver/Tow-Rig - 5.3L, Cat-back, Airaid "CAI"
    2001 Silverado 1500 LS RCSB - Street/Strip - LQ9, HCI, LT headers, mildly built 4L60E w/ converter

Potential Tuner
    My name is Bruce from Florida, I found my way here searching for knowledge and assistance with tuning. I have experience with Holley HP on a 507 CI twin Turbo Cadillac I built about seven years ago, I also build stand along harnesses for the LS and would like to add the tuning process to my capabilities. Look foward getting to know new people with common interest. Thanks for having me

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm Rob from QLD Australia mechanic of 33 years experience always wanting to learn more from the best my current ride is Holden SS Ute 6.2 manual making 300 rwkw still gets 650ks to the tank of 98 octane

Potential Tuner
    Hi all. This is my first ever forum post and I would like to know the best way to go about it. I am in regional Australia and finding a tuner that can answer my questions (happy to pay $$$ for the time) and understand my application ( modified Tractor Pulling) is proving to be a big challenge. I don't really know where to post my question so a shortish version is as follows.
    I have the software and log all my runs then look at the data to try and learn what its doing in real time on the track. I run an LS2 with electronic throttle body a 228/232 @50 cam with valve springs to suit. My Throttle position and Accelerator are logging at 38% when my foot is flat (the ETC TPS V RPM Table is set at 100% from idle effectively). I have the log of my run but not sure how to post it for others to view, hopefully someone can help with this as well!!!!
    My question is how can I check if the throttle is fully open when my electronic pedal is flat, which table is this and what would it look like. Thanks in advance for your advice on where this should be posted.
    Nathan

Potential Tuner
    Hey everybody. Nice to be here looking forward to get to know some of you. I have been a mechanic for 32 years. I started off in the local gas station working the full service pump if any of you know what that is anymore and worked my way up the ladder. I was a generator mechanic and light wheeled vehicle mechanic in the Army then transferred to the North Carolina National Guard and worked on everything they had. When my enlistment was up I took auto mechanics at the local community college and have done that ever since except for a break working in a truck shop for a couple of years. I am currently working for my best friend in his shop as the restoration and troubleshooter guy. I specialize in electronics and drivability issues as well as fab work. I look forward to sharing ideas and knowledge with all of you.

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Cincinnati, Ohio!

My name's Kyle!

I have a fully loaded short wheelbase 06 Trailblazer LT 4x4 with an LH6 5.3 e40/t42 platform. I plan on learning to tune this myself along the way in efforts to do the small things I can to make improvements to the GM vehicles in my family.

The Trailblazer is pretty much stock besides replacing the entire suspension and lowering it alongside using some 4" intake tubing and a k&n filter For a DIY intake. I'm the second owner as I bought it from my parents when I caught them trying to trade it in. I've done all the maintenance on this after the original motor was replaced under warranty by the dealership due to a faulty oil pump.

I've always had a passion for anything with an engine, or computer and I've always been big on doing it myself and upgrading failed components. I've spent a lot of time overclocking Intel CPU's, to which tuning seems to share the same ideology of removing bottlenecks and tightening tolerances. I've never merged the two until I snagged an mpvi2 from the guys over at PCMofNC in my being lazy and not sending my pcm in after my fan clutch died and I happened to have a set of cooling fans I had laying around from a friends ws6 to justify the cost.

I've already Disabled AFM/DOD, got my e-fans going and used the logger enough to make an airbox/heatsheild to lower my iat's in my first week of tinkering.

I'm eager to learn and grow within the community! Already made a post over in the GM Gen 4 V8 area, but figured I'd see if there was an introduction thread afterwards.
    Last edited by KylePlacke; 10-01-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: formatting

Tuner in Training
    Hello all! I am new, but not new to tuning. I have the other tuning software that I have used for several years but took about 6 years off. Gen 3 and duramax mostly, and all for myself. I was a duramax tech for 13 years and then flipped careers over to heavy machine field tech for John Deere and now Cat. I now have a 2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6 that I am setting up for a Whipple down the road. Cam, headers back Kooks, 5" intake, and HP tuners. The Headers and intake tune when well, but now I have a PD blower cam and can't seem to get the injector timing figured out. I have been reading everything I can on the gen 4 stuff and have most of it down. VVE is a weird bird and makes it a pain to keep coefficients from swaying the values. Any who, Thanks to all that have posted up problems and who help us figure out our problems.

Potential Tuner
    Hi My name is Mike, my son has a 2015 Cruze 1.4L. We did some mods and now are using the HP Tuners to tune it.

I look forward to learning more about this process and see what you guys are doing.

Mike

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm George from S.E. Michigan. I just picked up HP tuners yesterday to tune a LQ9 6.0L in a 2003 Escalade. I'm going to learn the tuning software first, then eventually more compression, ported heads and a cam. I intend to enjoy it until Michigan rust takes it away, then I will swap the LQ9 into something less crusty. I have a good understanding of engines but have a big learning curve ahead of me. I plan on taking baby steps for quite some time.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, my name is Todd from Bay Saint Louis, ms. i have an 02 SS/SLP camaro that i'm working on. so far i've swapped the m6 out for a turbo 400 and a 8.8 ford rear with 3.73 gears. it's a cam and header only car but have plans to do a 6.0 or 6.2 and prob LS3 heads and intake. really wanted the tuner myself to be able to turn off all the unused lights and see where all the parameters are now. the car was tuned by a local tuner with HP tuners after cam change before i purchased car from a friend. my plan is to learn how to tune myself eventually. I purchased the MPVI2 Pro.

Cody from inwood wv, Just started Hptuners few weeks ago. I have an 06 GTO Fully built car too much to list, engine stuff in sig. Trying to learn as much as possible about tuning this car so i dont have to rely on a tuner.
    06 GTO LS3 416-Callies Compstar Crank\Rods-SRP Pistons-All ARP-93/E-85-11.28:1 CR-Johnson Lifters-Steve Morris/Trend Pushrods-Comp Rockers- BTR .685 Spring Kit-Manley Valves-SPS Haymaker Heads-Ed Curtis Spec CompCams 646\616 254\240 115-DW 300-Return Fuel System-Aeromotive FPR-Deka 80s-NW102-Holley Sniper low pro-SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley-Melling 10-296-Kooks 1 7\8, Magnaflow Comp 3"-Duspeed OTR-Mike Norris/Earls Catch Can-Earls 260GPH Fuel Filter-Revshift Mounts.

Potential Tuner
    Good afternoon everyone. Been doing my own automotive maintenance since the mid 1980's, but have never modified a modern vehicle. That is going to change, as I'm wanting to learn more about what makes my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer's engine and transmission tick. I've got the 4200 Vortex inline 6 with over 300k miles and know it's got plenty of life left in it if I can figure out why it doesn't want to run correctly when the outside air temperature is over 70 degrees.

Hello, George here from Knoxville, TN. Brand new at serious engine tuning but the last couple of weeks have been a blast already. I'm finishing an oddball swap - 2016 392 Hemi in a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, Getrag 238 M6. Trying to get a 2010 Challenger NGC4 PCM to properly run the newer engine and play nice with the rest of the vehicle.

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Texas
    Im new to Hp-tuners as i been using Holley EFI on my other car.
    Im in here looking for some help with my CTSV. i have the hp-tuners loading on computer and pulled the tune from the ecu and ran a data log.
    Car runs rich as it has a bad tune in it i believe. i think the shop just wanted my money to be honest. Its nothing special got full exhaust and intake. its my daily with horrible gas mileage. i will post more info later this evening if anyone can help.

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Central IL
    I tinker on my own junk from time to time, I’m an HVAC Tech and recently got back into Demolition Derby after a 10 yr break and quickly found out these cars are more advanced then i ever dreamed of.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone my name is Cheyenne I live in Saint James, MN. I currently have a 1997 Dodge Neon that has a 2005 SRT-4 swap dropped in it with a big turbo installed tuned on HP Tuners making 400+ WHP. About a year ago I picked up a 06 5.9 CR Cummins that had a Bully Dog tuner installed and finally I decided to pull that off to see what I can do with using HP on the truck. Will be using the forum as much as possible to learn what I can.DJI_0098.jpg

Hi every one!
    Newbie with hptuners and come from France.
    My car is a 2004 chrysler 300c 5,7 hemi with some mods :
    -6,1 hemi camshaft
    -dynatech long tube headers with cat
    - 3,06 axle ratio
    - brembo front brakes