Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hello all,

I'm Louis. I run a shop that converts vehicles to run on natural gas (CNG) My first tuning project will be my 2005 Tahoe, 5.3, 2WD, non-flex, K&N filter with stock airbox. The first thing I will do is remove the cats and install flowmaster 50 series muffler. Looking to add a little horsepower and sound to the daily dad mobile. Possibly in the future I will add a mild truck cam and headers. Any help is appreciated along the way.

Louis

Tuner in Training
    Hello all,

Total newbie to the tuning world. Hope not to screw too much up or aggravate too many during the learning process. 2009 G8 GT and a 2008 G8 GT in the garage.

Tuner in Training
    Hey!

Jonas from Sweden here. Been in the tuning biz for many years (around 15 or so) Know a thing or 2 about Euro cars.
    Got my self HPTUNERS to make Life easier i hope.

Looking to trade experience with you all.

Stay safe these times and take care!

/J

Potential Tuner
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Bob and I am in Michigan. Been tuning for a while, just obtained HPTuners to expand the vehicles that I can tune. Looking forward to contributing and learning.

Potential Tuner
    Tom in Texas here. I’m an old tuner but fairly new to HPTuners. I started EFI tuning in the late 90’s when I discovered Winbin. Started hacking the PCM in my 94 Chevy TBI truck to develop a definition file for it. Began tuning other people’s vehicles with TunerCats and then TunerPro as well. I have used TunerCats OBD2 since it came out and still do but with HPTuners support of virtual VE and torque, I had To pull the trigger. I am an electronics engineer by trade but this craziness now has me turning full time tuner. Looking forward to participating here.

Potential Tuner
    Hello there....I am new here

Potential Tuner
    hello all,new to the forum and tuning with pretty good mechanical knowledge. just swapped a TBSS intake and Holley Sniper 92mm DBC throttle body on my 02 Silverado. It's a tuned 5.3 with 862 mildly ported heads, L33 out of a 2006. mods are comp cams 535 lift, CAI, long tube headers with full dual exhaust, 4:10 gear. So now I need to retune and was told I should get a TBSS stock tune file to compare files and make necessary adjustments. Anyone tell me where I can get the stock tune file ? Hope I'm posting in the right place. Lot's of good info here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Potential Tuner
    Hi ! Brand new to tuning, and doing a lot of reading in the forums to learn what I can. I just got my dream vehicle, and I do not want to feel powerless, and I want to understand how and why what is going on. I am not looking to tune other vehicles, so maybe that plays into which version I should get. Part of the reason is I want to swap out the injectors. I was told, and I believe after doing some research the injectors are to small. In stock trim the LQ9 are close to their limits. Mine has different cylinder heads, 799's to raise compression to 10.95 and a mild cam. It runs great in the low to mid range, and goes flat on the top end. I spoke to FIC and they shared that 34lb 8.1 injectors would help.

I guess for me the first step is to figure out if I need Pro, then I want to save my current tune. Then some data logging to see the duty cycles and see if they are at their limits, also can share to see what you guys think. Then if needed, replace injectors, ?add / input? (still learning this part) the injector profiles and tweak the tune. Really have enjoyed reading and learning, and it is great that everyone is so helpful with ideas and sharing knowledge.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Kevin and I am essentially just an enthusiast these days. I've spent many years drag racing (crewing) but not in the last 7 years when the world of efi has exploded onto the scene. Now, I piddle with some cars and have vehicles of my own that I would like to tune a little or at least figure out how to just activate the e-fans I added on my '07 2500 suburban> I couldn't see paying someone else for a one time service to use their hptuner and do what I could possibly do with the right tools. Time to sharpen the skillset a little...

Potential Tuner
    My name Billy, I’m a total newb to HP tuners, turned wrenches for 13 years before starting a career with the railroad 7 years ago, starting to feel like more of a parts changer after playing around with HP turners ha ha. Ive been a huge GM enthusiast since i could drive. Current rig is a 07 classic scsb RST, just made some upgrades to my 5.3 flex /BTR Stage 3 cam with a 2800 stall. New push rods, springs and upgraded to the rocker trunion bearings while i was in there. This is my 4th SCSB but the first one I’ve ever modded to this point. I’m on day 5 with trying to absorb all this info as far as tuning goes, so far so good. This is definitely a trial and error process for a newbie.

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone,
    My name is James, I am new to EFI tuning but love the detail we can get down to so far.
    I have a 2003 suburban and am currently working on a 2004 Wrangler that I am swapping a 5.3 into.
    I have been able to do a lot of good things on my suburban and have managed to find some issues and increase the fuel economy a good bit. I drive somewhere in the 40 to 60K highway miles per year range, and a few MPG can make a big difference over the year.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, my name is Mike and I have a 2013 Zl1 and HP tuners Pro I use it mostly for data loging. new to tuning just look for info to get me in the right direction.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone,
    My name is Anthony, I've been on here for a little while, but just started posting today. I have a 2012 Ram 2500, 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector, and a 2018 Ford Fusion 2.0 AWD.
    Very familiar with tuning the ram with HP, and tuning the saab with T8suite. New to the ford though!

Potential Tuner
    My name is Reid. I am an Army veteran of eight years. I was Airborne and was a depot level aircraft maintenance guy. I worked for Nissan North America for 14 years at the plant in MS. Currently I am the Maintenance Manager for a Tier 1 supplier to Nissan. If it you have a need that is Nissan based, I may or may not be able to help. Vehicle pin outs and such should be fairly easy. I spent the last 5 years building my 1981 original 2wd Blazer and swapped a 2006 5.3 and 4L60E tranny. I am very new at all of this and I hope you guys don't mind teaching a broke down ol' 42 year old how to do this stuff. For my first swap, I got the painless harness and had them program it. It runs but I think it could be fine tuned. I bought HPTuners and did my first DOD delete myself. No issues there. The name of my shop is FITFO-figure it the _ _ _ _ out, cause that is about all I do. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Hi there, my name is Keith. I've got me a project 1964 Chevelle that I'm swapping a 5.3 LS engine into. Decided I can do it all and so here I am learning how to use and tune using HP tuners. I'm just about ready for initial start. I'm an old hot rodder from days gone by so the learning curve is quite steep but I hope to be able to use this powerful tool on the project. I'll say I'm having fun after it's running. Shredded nerves and all...…

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Chafik here (currently living in the UAE). Did a LS1/4L60E (from a 2001 Holden Commodore V8) swap in 2013 (into a 2006 Wrangler TJ). Had to disable VATS, adjust tire size and gearing, shift points, VSS pulses (tach output resolution) and Fan Control.
    Since I did not trust nobody here to do exactly what I needed (without pulling an arm and a leg from me) I decided to dive in myself. (Yes, I am a computa nerd with grey hair!)
    After some internet research I decided to go with HPTuners (MPVI Pro) for that ... successfully! My LS1 TJ is still in the household alive and kicking!

After my first endeavor (positive experience) and lurking around here more passively, a new "project" showed up:
    I bought a brand new Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2018 last year!
    From 2017-2020 the locally sold Trailblazer is identical with the Australian Holden Trailblazer/Colorado7 except it comes with the petrol LFX 3.6 V6! Same as the US Colorado 2015/16 engine and transmission wise ...
    A new daily commuter (and toy) with some serious off road potential (body on frame, serious part time 4WD with low)! (in 2021 it will be released internationally as lame sub compact shopping cart with AWD ... yuckkk)

Of course I had to reactivate my HPTuner and test it out ... despite as a "Vehicle" not officially supported by HPTuners I managed to "read it out" as generic E92A,T43.

Had to pay today 4 GM credits to activate all possibilities ... grrrr ... the 2015/16 US Colorado costs only 2!! Minor ECU revision difference, no TCM difference! (WTF)
    Hey @HPTuners: interested in a virgin .hpt to "officially support" this GM vehicle/combo?

Next endeavor: play with the dreaded DBW settings? play with the wonky auto shift behaviour (manual work GREAT)? Mallett Supercharger (droool)?!
    Last edited by chafik; 05-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I live in south New Jersey looking to learn what I can here and from anyone local willing to lend a hand or drink my beer

Potential Tuner
    New here guys, I'm from the UK, hope i can give and receive help to and from all

Hello!
    My name is Anton. I am from Sevastopol, Russia.
    I bought a Mustang GT 2012 and it's time to set it up.
    I hope HP Tuners and this forum will help me.

Potential Tuner
    looks like i,m joining the crowd as total newbie here , looking forward to learning a lot here , anyone else around the okc area ? would love to meet as i haven't lived here too long , thx