Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2294

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Bonjour a tous, je suis Fran?ais et j'ai un Chevy Suburban 2017 premier. j'aime la m?canique et je cherche ? me perfectionner dans la partie ?lectronique et programmation des nouveau v?hicule pour ?tre autonome. j'ai beaucoup de difficult?s avec l'?lectronique, alors je risque de vous poser beaucoup de questions sur ce sujet.
    Tr?s bonne journ?e ? vous tous et je suis tr?s heureux d'?tre parmi vous.

Potential Tuner
    Je recherche un programme pour la gestion de la cartographie moteur pour un Chevy Suburban premier de 2017 ? l'?thanol pour modifier le miens. quelqu'un aurait-il un programme de la sorte ?
    je recherche aussi une documentation en Fran?ais pour mon logiciel mais je ne sais pas si cela existe. si jamais, je suis preneur.
    Merci d'avance? Thiery le Francais.

Potential Tuner
    Am I in the right place ? I have a 1999 crown Victoria police interceptor, 4.6 & aod transmission, I am replacing with a 2004 mustang gt 4.6, & 5 speed standard transmission, I'd like to learn how to do the computer reprogram myself and reset the parameters accordingly, but I know nothing about this, I'd love to learn how to turn off PATS, turn off other things like automatic transmission, oxygen sensors, copy the mustang gt's tune and put it into the Vic's computer, is any of this a possibility for someone like me with little to no knowledge on these thing ?

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I'm a rat, rod off-road anything that has a motor on it junkie. Build custom cars, full tube cars and enjoy building custom things. I am getting HP tuners for the small adjustments in may need to make to builds. I know my limitations and wont claim to be any good with HP tuners but look forward to learning.

Mark Underwood

I'm Walker.
    Have incredibly minimal experience with tuning but pick up on things quick. Worked for a tuning/turbo shop for a while and spent a decent amount of time with the dyno, but not enough. I did mostly fabrication and custom builds.
    We just bought an 02 Avalanche that has an absolute hack job of a TT system(totally functional but gross welds)
    Decided I would dive into HP tuners. As there are 3 GenIII GM's and an 07 Escalade for me to work on.
    My question I'll lead with...
    I have the opportunity to buy a new MPVI2 pro setup for $375 w/o credits. Should I go with the pro setup as a beginner? Or refine my tuning skills and add the pro setup later on?
    Thanks all

Hello everyone, James here. Referred to HP Tuners by Tyler of Audi B8 fame. Helped along by HP Academy to learn the platform.
    Still working on learning how to tune these new platforms, I came over from the Honda speed density realm.
    Located in Calgary, AB
    Last edited by DarkNorth Tuning; 10-06-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone, name is Rich from Plainwell Michigan, cut my teeth mud running and street racing back in the early 90's, got into rallycross late 90's, then autocross early 2000's. Left that all behind after getting divorced in 04', got remarried then left the skilled trades after 17 years to drive a school bus and work as a mechanic/fabricator for my buddies Motorcycle shop. Now a t 4J7 trying to build a 96 Dakota to get back into road course racing. Just trying to learn to tune my own stuff to get back in the game and fuel injection is the way to go in this sport.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guy's

Greg here, old gear head that has never got into the tuning or modifying newer vehicle's. On I am a multi craft maintenance tech, and have enough passwords and programs to stay up to date with.

broke down and got a 2003 C5, and VCM suite. I did have trouble trying to write to the ECM the second day, said I needed a license? Like a idiot i purchased 2 more creds but i figure am missing something. I am sure i will sort it out, not making and big changes yet just trying to learn. Any advice is great, Thanks

Hey guys Name is Tod Yates hopping up a 2014 Ford Edge 3.5L, I hoping I finally found a tuner for this application. If the computer don?t kick my ass getting set up.

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone, my name is Kelton. I am currently turboing my 2007 Chevy express! (odd I know, I had the thing sitting around and thought why not) New to the tuning and am looking forward to all the learning to be had. I started out working with old cars, I have the mechanical part down, but am green to the computer parts.

Tuner in Training
    Hello gents,

Alex here and pretty confused to say the least!! New to HPTuners forum and I am looking to purchase a license and hardware but I am extremely confused here..... hoping someone can help!!!

Recently purchased a 2000 Silverado 6.0L (LQ4- original motor was 4.8L) swap, 4l60 tranny, 3.42 gearing and electric fan upgrade set to run direct and not from the PCM. I am limited on information as the seller had no clue what had been done to the truck, so far all specs i have been able to confirm myself. Problem is I have no idea if the PCM has been tuned or not for the 6.0L, engine runs and truck drives but the check engine light is on, bought a scanner and found lean codes along with knock codes, that is one issue. After reading through the forum, I see I can use an OS from 03+ for the electric fan conversion to properly control the fans. My question is, after purchasing the hardware and 2 credits for my PCM am I required to purchase more credits for changing the OS for the fans to work correctly? I don?t want go through the hassle ( so far from reading the forum) of changing VIN if I purchase a newer PCM.....

Kindly shed some light as to what needs to be done on my part.....!!! Cheers!

You can't put a 2003 file into a 2000 computer.

1999-2002 are P01 computers and 2003-2007 are P59 computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Good even Tuners.

I'm Les Davenport from Lavina Mt and brand new to this side of the automotive world. I was a mechanic in the Air Force until I retired in 2015, built plenty of Chevy 350s and ford 302s back in the day where tuning was done by looking at the plugs, using a screw driver or jet changes. I built a 500 whp dodge neon in the early 2000s for a friend and a 400 whp and 400 wtq WRX. I have always done the wrenching and let someone else do the tuning. No more of that for me, I want to do it all! I have been out of the high performance game for quit a while and have a few projects I have been threating to start. First off instead of buying a canned tuner for my wife's 2011 5.3l suburban I'm going to gradually (with your help I hope) optimize the stock performance and very soon do a AFM,DOD delete.

Next up will be the 79 MGB. I haven't 100% decided on engine transmission configuration yet but it will be GM. Finally in the midst of building the MG I have a 2007 Cadalac escalade ESV with the lq9 that my son and I are building for rocky mountain race week. It would probably have been done by now but because of the wonderful year 2020 was we are as of yet even beginning it.
    Thanks in advance for all of your wisdom and I look forward to working with you all.

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone,

My name is Kirk, just started tuning. Getting tired of paying people good money on tunes that are not right, so I bought hptuners and now giving it a go ha. Have a 04 chevy with a 370ci fire breather. Just trying to make her right. Maybe help out some friends and family along the way.

Dark

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone,

Got myself interested in this Tuning world. I don't think being at 50 is old enough to learn new tricks Just doing it for a past time hobby. 5/10 mechanically able but 9/10 electrically capable. Automation programmer as for background.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,

I am shop owner and just purchased Hp Tuners to start learning. I currently have a 1990 obs that I'm building a LS 416 N/A with +6cc dome pistons and some ls3 heads with a big healthy cam. My personal vehicle has a Terminator X which I am currently learning it also.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, Bill from Catawba, NC. Thanks for letting me join. I'm new at programming the GM computers. I hope to gain as much info and knowledge as possible. There is no one in my area that programs (at a decent price), I had to send mine off, so I'll be doing the programing myself with the HP Tuner from now on. I only plan on doing the basic programming, and will not be doing any custom programming.

Hello, from Missouri. I am new to Tuning and wanted to learn more and kind of got tired of paying people to do it for me.
    I am a Mechanic and have been for a while now I build engines and do lots of other things under the hood but mostly just
    Service regular everyday cars until the next fun Job comes my way. Can't wait to learn more and be apart of the Community.

Potential Tuner
    hi everyone my name is michael from birmingham al. Went to tuning school in sept and just now getting a chance to tune a car. The rona made me have to work 80 hours a week and haven't had time. Really wanna get into jeep tuning but enjoy all

Potential Tuner
    Hi , im raja imran from malaysia. Im expanding my tuning tools . Ive not yet tuned an oem ecu so it will be a steep learning curve. I tuned most stdalone ecu. Will be getting my mpv2 in couple of days hopefully i can go far with thia device on owm tune..