Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

Advanced Tuner
    any clue yet on the cam tables?

Advanced Tuner
    I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Advanced Tuner
    no prob dude, its snowing outside so im not in a rush, just more curious than anything

Advanced Tuner
    g5 gxp:

I took a hard look at the formula and can not find the variable's for "In" (Intake cam angle) "Ex" (Exhaust cam angle). Here is a link to good explanation of the formula used for SD http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8490. Look at the second gray area in post #1.

Take for example the first extra table (Map.ExhaustCam) the math on that piece is:
    (Value from zone 0 in Map.ExhaustCam table)*(MAP from that zone)*(Exhaust Cam Angle).

The "Exhaust Cam Angle" is the unknown value here, thus the mystery right now. Make sense?

Might want to prowl around in the PIDs that you can add to your scanner Table config to see if cam angle is even reported in your application.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Problem with that is I need it from the tune file to generate the Virtual VE table.

Advanced Tuner
    ktoonsez, i've read that thread soo many times and left with a headache lol, but i do know what you mean, there is no settings in the tune ( or what hpt lets us see ) for cam angle,

im gonna look through the pid list and see if there is cam angle in there and get back to you, if its in there i'll log it to see how and when it changes to try and establish some sort of consistency\

all i could find is a pid called "Cam Sensor Counts"
    Last edited by g5 gxp; 10-31-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I doubt it will be in the scanner because the values we are looking for (I believe) is the angle at which the cam is when the begins to exhaust and then the angle at which in begins to intake (based on which lobe, who knows).

Advanced Tuner
    well seeing as how the vvt system on my car is electronically actuated, maybe hptuners support can drop a line in here somewhere as to adding a few tables to their software?

IIRC Cam Angle is +/- based on the cam being installed "straight up" with no advance or retard not to the opening & closing events. So if the cam is advanced it will have a + cam angle and if it's retarded it will have a - cam angle.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    IIRC Cam Angle is +/- based on the cam being installed "straight up" with no advance or retard not to the opening & closing events. So if the cam is advanced it will have a + cam angle and if it's retarded it will have a - cam angle.
    You think it is that simple, I am just making it way to complicated? With the words intake and exhaust in there is what got me thinking to much.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    You think it is that simple, I am just making it way to complicated? With the words intake and exhaust in there is what got me thinking to much.
    From what I have read on the VVT system that is exactly what it is doing. Straight "up" = 0 then a + or - from that point for advance / retard respectively.

Tuner in Training
    Guys,

I finally got my LC-1 hooked up and calibrated, and providing narrow and wideband signals. I have started logging and need to be pointed in the right direction in order to get the AFR Error histogram working properly. Can someone take a look at my config and scan file and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have spent hours searching and still not "getting" it.

Also, I noticed that my O2 sensor voltages are the same for awhile, then stray far apart. Is this normal?

The car it a 2006 C6. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jkittleson; 11-02-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I see the tables now after re-reading this thread. =)

Advanced Tuner
    Still haven't had enough time to add the other equations but am working on it. Just so you know my program will not modify those tables in the "gen equations" button. These tables will only be useful for seeing what they add/subtract to the zones to see it graphically on the virtual VE table. In actuality we don't even need them in the program because they will be static, unless you change the MAP/RPM zone boundaries, I am just trying to get them in there so it adjust the graph as you are looking at it.

Tuner in Training
    ktoon ... Thanks for all of the time I know you and Bluecat put into this!! Awesome tool ... I hate asking for more features but I am very glad you are doing it because it is beyond me
    My Excel spread sheets of the calculations with cam angles look like crud ... I hope I made a huge mistake in my calculations somewhere.
    Anyway ... keep up the great work!!

Advanced Tuner
    Update on page one, some fixes and other little things, no cam angle yet since no one really knows what we can log to make the equation work.

Doing good work here Ken, it is greatly appreciated.

-Kyle

Advanced Tuner
    Always good to hear!

Advanced Tuner
    ok so i've been doing a whole lot more reading on the cams n such for way too many places to list here. so what i think i've gathered is that the ex/in cam only advances or not per the timing table. for example, in my hi-oct table i have set timing to rougly 20Degrees at WOT, so that means the cams phase near 20degrees to give me the proper advance? so i think the intake and exhaust cam both do this similtaneously according to the timing table, which is why the cam shafts have electronic actuators or whatever you call those things sticking into my head?

maybe thats why its impossible to log anything to do with the cams, even thought i know the timing tables are all about TDC?