Thread: HFV6 - Cam Angle Tuning

Tuner in Training

HFV6 - Cam Angle Tuning

Does anyone have any info on tuning the Alloytec intake cam phasing

Would like to start playing around but Im not sure were to start, after studying the charts, it seems to be all over the place, should I smooth it out first as its quite erratic

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

KFK

HFV6 thats the 175 or the 190 alloytec? ive still to sit down an deeply learn the 190 cause more complex nature having variable intake and exhaust cams
    but yeah stock config in my opinion should be more linear than it actually is, with extencive work on mine its alot more smoother, keep in mind you are altering airflow, so changes to primarily your fuel will need to take place mostly in the injector pulse multiplier, little changes with alot of scanner study dont forget the cam timing sensor pids and in time u get a feel for it, ive spent hours apon hours with mine - too much detail in my opinion just to generalise cause a change here impacts the airflow, where you have to adjust fuel and then spark where needed, but yeah a tip when making changes, watch fuel trims and look for KR, theyre the first 2 things to tell ya the cam timing changes need more work or that fuel needs to be beefed up or rearranged

heres a snapshot of my layout

Tuner in Training
    Thnx for the info

I have looked through my PIDS and I dont have any PIDS for Cam timing

I have tried deleating my OS files and done a re-scan but still no go

I find most of the cam and spark timings very eratic, I did a smoothout on all the spark timing tables and the engine reved much quicker and smoother, idle was quieter and much cleaner, Ive noticed most alloytecs have a slight miss on idle, I set all my intake cam tables to 10 degrees advanced from 600 to 1200rpm and the idle was deap and very clean, like clock work, Im thinking this eratic miss ive been noticing is the VCM jumping from one cam idle table to the next depending on temps and fuel trim/knock

What makes it hard is I need to drive the car for 10mins before it actully runs right, after I upload a tune she runs slugish and dead for about 10 mins then she wakes up, very teadius as its hard to see an imediate result

Oh how I would like RTT

for immediate result comparasin change tunes with a warm engine
    but persistance mate, ideas will start clickin and youll find she will start comming alive!
    ive been tryin a number of ideas lately but yeah no real advances atm.

Stir the pot a bit, heres an arvo scan...... was lookin good untill around 10-15 mins in, fuel was trimmed a bit n KR started - tune to be arseholed, new tweeks to try tmorra
    sayin that shes still gets up n boogies when stickin the boot into it, heaps good fun!