Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 96-97 vortec trucks

Potential Tuner
    is there anyone out there that is still messing with the 96-97 swap to 98-99 black box or the 411?

i would like to get my hands on the pin out for the 96 to try the swap.

Advanced Tuner
    I just did a 97 to 0411, 96 should be the same. I can tune the 96 pcm though. Why do you want to make the switch

Tuner
    I don't have my GMT400 anymore, but I know I downloaded the pin outs in spreadsheet form at one time and I think it was from this forum. I looked and I don't have the pin outs anymore.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4

I was wondering if someone could help me with the 96 black box to the 411 swap it would be much appreciated!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 96c2500 350 vortec View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me with the 96 black box to the 411 swap it would be much appreciated!

all you will really find is to email that lex guy. that's about all I ever found about doing the swap. I've been tuning cars since the old prom days to the new ish stuff, so I think I have a bit of an understanding of what's needed. I emailed him, ask a few questions, got replies that made no sense. I replied back to him that I read you can sell me a ecm with a starting point flashed on it, so I don't have to worry about the tranny side. the reply I got was him basically blowing me off and he didn't seem to want to sell me anything. so I gave up. he didn't seem to want to be bothered by this internet always listing his name everywhere. I mean if I had something wrong. he could have just told me what I needed, gave me a price and I'd have paid it to avoid the junk yard hassle and starting from a bad base.

hope you have better luck than me.

Tuner in Training
    I've done a couple swaps havnt needed yet to do a 411 swap I've always installed a 98-99 black box you have to pin 1-2 injectors at the ecm. Turn vats off and tune. Both I've done have been 454 I just start with a 454 black box. Or 5.7l if that's what your tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    all you will really find is to email that lex guy. that's about all I ever found about doing the swap. I've been tuning cars since the old prom days to the new ish stuff, so I think I have a bit of an understanding of what's needed. I emailed him, ask a few questions, got replies that made no sense. I replied back to him that I read you can sell me a ecm with a starting point flashed on it, so I don't have to worry about the tranny side. the reply I got was him basically blowing me off and he didn't seem to want to sell me anything. so I gave up. he didn't seem to want to be bothered by this internet always listing his name everywhere. I mean if I had something wrong. he could have just told me what I needed, gave me a price and I'd have paid it to avoid the junk yard hassle and starting from a bad base.

hope you have better luck than me.
    Sounds exactly like the experience i had with him, i can't understand hoarding the spreadsheets privately and making a big post about how awesome you are for figuring this out and then not responding to anyone who actually wants to use your "holy than thou" pinout spreadsheet.

I gave up on getting any information out of that dude. Its a lost cause. So ive been working on my own conversion spreadsheet for 1997 5.7 liter PCM to 2002 0411 PCM going pin by pin which i plan to make publicly available on this forum when its complete so no one has to go through hoops trying to get intouch with the unresponsive lextech.

I will say the hardest part of the swap isn't the repining but the the different configurations these trucks had from the factory. Case ground vs isolated ground o2 sensors for example can throw you off as well as anything to do with EGR, EVAP, and a few other little things that were controlled differently on certain trucks.

If you want to do this swap you better be good at reading wiring diagrams and know your way around a multimeter

Tuner in Training
    any luck on that pinout? I got this one from a 01 blazer http://www.ppepower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10180 and AutoZone has some wiring diagrams that are good https://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/...96b43f80371563. I just did my swap but having issues with no speedo and trans wont shift, also trying to get a hold of LEX but no luck.

2000 4.3 auto -2001 4.3 auto 01 motor in 00 so knock sensor wires are oem to pcm