Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 96-97 vortec trucks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    do you have hp tuners already? if so just plug it in and try to download the file. if not, I'm not sure. maybe email the techs with the ecm box code and ask. but if it's under their list, I would expect it to work?
    I don?t have it yet, but I want to buy it (maybe today). The problem is that I?m in Colombia (not an easy return) and my truck was assembled in Venezuela starting 1998. So I just want to make sure before making the investment.

The numbers over the PCM stickers are: 16258835 CCSF and Serv No. 16250279

I don?t have it yet, but I want to buy it (maybe today). The problem is that I?m in Colombia (not an easy return) and my truck was assembled in Venezuela starting 1998. So I just want to make sure before making the investment.

The numbers over the PCM stickers are: 16258835 CCSF and Serv No. 16250279?
    that's definitely worth asking, I thought most of these USA trucks are made in Canada or Mexico, I can't remember. I doubt you'll find your answer in the forums. I don't think they watch these to closely, atleast the older stuff. if you can find a. email directly, I'd ask there just to make sure.

Tuner
    that's definitely worth asking, I thought most of these USA trucks are made in Canada or Mexico, I can't remember. I doubt you'll find your answer in the forums. I don't think they watch these to closely, atleast the older stuff. if you can find a. email directly, I'd ask there just to make sure.
    Just to let you know It works! I did my first write yesterday.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Hey all! Anyone have made a 96-97 to 98-99 vortec truck black box conversion? I know there's a few differences in the pins location and I want some advice of anyone who did it already.
    I know the 0411 is the way to go but, In Colombia we have limited access to that kind of parts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I've done a couple swaps havnt needed yet to do a 411 swap I've always installed a 98-99 black box you have to pin 1-2 injectors at the ecm. Turn vats off and tune. Both I've done have been 454 I just start with a 454 black box. Or 5.7l if that's what your tuning.

I know this a old post but if possible I have some questions on this exact swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanDC View Post
    Hey all! Anyone have made a 96-97 to 98-99 vortec truck black box conversion? I know there's a few differences in the pins location and I want some advice of anyone who did it already.
    I know the 0411 is the way to go but, In Colombia we have limited access to that kind of parts.
    I first swapped to a 2000 L31/4L60E van black box PCM then to an 0411 in my 1997 Express van. Wiring details for the 97 to 98-2000 swap is on Lt1Swap.com. A few pins have to be moved. Personally an 0411 is the way to go.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanDC View Post

The numbers over the PCM stickers are: 16258835 CCSF and Serv No. 16250279
    The 98 Mexico truck I have looked at was TBI. Had a Black box but was TBI. Sure yours has CSFI and not a TBI unit?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    I first swapped to a 2000 L31/4L60E van black box PCM then to an 0411 in my 1997 Express van. Wiring details for the 97 to 98-2000 swap is on Lt1Swap.com. A few pins have to be moved. Personally an 0411 is the way to go.
    Thanks for the input. I know the 0411 is by far the way to go but bear in mind that I'm in South America and we have limited access to that kind of parts. Actually I did the 0411 swap on my truck and what I'm trying to do is to sell that old black box (that is already HPTuners unlocked) and recover some money back from my 0411 purchase.

I was looking for the conversion spreadsheet in the lt1swap site bud didn't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    The 98 Mexico truck I have looked at was TBI. Had a Black box but was TBI. Sure yours has CSFI and not a TBI unit?
    100% confirmed. On the late 90's in Colombia we got the trucks assembled in Venezuela and the vortecs came from 96 and up. I've seen some TBIs early 96s but everything else from 96 and up is Vortec. I've seen heads casting for both 906's and 602's.

Potential Tuner
    Hi all. I am not sure how to use these forums so please educate me along the way. I have a lifted 97 k2500 suburban with a vortec 7.4. I am thinking of going to a zz502 cam and replacing worn out injectors. I am reading a lot about a pcm upgrade to a 0411. Will this work for a 97 7.4? I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong area. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Just want to bump this for vortec support. Or for a pm with that sweet golden pinout sheet.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I sold my 97 vortec almost 10 years ago now. Sorry guys, I don't see HPT going back and supporting these 25 year old PCM's.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    i just did a 411 swap in my 97 k1500 and the problem that i am having is i can put a tune on the pcm but when i go to turn the fans on i can no longer pull anything off of the obd2 does anyone know what i am doing wrong or can someone tell me how to fix this. i have put 2 pcms in this truck since the swap about a mth ago and was only able to actually drive it down the rd 1 time. any help is greatly appreciated

Tuner
    Is the PCM output to start the fan being used to trigger a relay?

I think the 411 only has 1 fan output. Could you clarify what you meant my ?fans?, and the wiring of them.

So, with the fan OFF, everything is fine, and as soon as the fan turns on, everything dies, or you can no longer read/write?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete2316 View Post
    i just did a 411 swap in my 97 k1500 and the problem that i am having is i can put a tune on the pcm but when i go to turn the fans on i can no longer pull anything off of the obd2 does anyone know what i am doing wrong or can someone tell me how to fix this. i have put 2 pcms in this truck since the swap about a mth ago and was only able to actually drive it down the rd 1 time. any help is greatly appreciated
    It looks like your frying your pcm. The 0411 is capable of managing 2 fans and it delivers GROUND to a relay. Not 12V+