Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 96-97 vortec trucks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by repairman130 View Post
    need pinout for ecm 2000 c3500 16263494 help please
    PM me your name and e-mail address and I will send you the file.

Jeff
    98 GMC Twin Turbo 5.0, 4L80e, Moser 60, 4:10s,

Potential Tuner

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    PM me your name and e-mail address and I will send you the file.

Jeff

Advanced Tuner
    How can I edit or at least scan a 1995 blazer s10, 4.3l it has a black box vortec PCM, with spider injection, aluminum upper and lower intake. Everybody keeps saying 96-97, or 98

What about the 95 blazer/jimmy that has option code sfi injection. The PCM looks just like the 96-97.

Do I have to swap to a 98 vortec PCM??

I'll dig around and see if I can find anything on the 95.

The 95 has 1 injector that I and the techs I work with call a spider. The 1996 has 6 injectors and we do not call that the spider injector.
    It could be difficult to run a 1 injector on a 1998 PCM

"Calibrated for Domination"
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I see, I also found out the 95 has a obd 1.5, port, PCM looks identical to the 96-99 black box vortec.

But I bet the communications are similar to the 95-96 lt1 PCM.

Will the hpt or Efi scanner read codes this funky 95pcm??

I have an actron cp9150 and it reads data maybe coded, but it says no codes? Yet the engine runs poor yet check engine lights flashing constantly?

I also have tuner pro rt aldl cable, mongoose cable efi live, and hpt

Advanced Tuner
    How do I pull codes? Will the paper clip work?

I think the crank sensors gone, or needs a shim, tach is funky and ses light flashes, at the same time

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor@pcmcalibrators View Post
    Thanks A.J

You always help me!!!

So does that mean HP tuners scanner should read it? What about my actron CP9150? Why wont it read it? It only goes to 1996, nothing older?? I see certain data but its not showing any codes, there should be? Since the check engine light flashes

Advanced Tuner
    Also after researching I think a Rom PCM from 92-94 would work if someone wanted to tune it, as they were also single injector.

Could one use a pcm for the SPI, and change it to batch fire the single injector used on the 92-95 CPI single spider injector?

Advanced Tuner
    Actron CP9580 maybe that's why??

Tuner in Training
    Out of my mind, be back in five minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Also after researching I think a Rom PCM from 92-94 would work if someone wanted to tune it, as they were also single injector.

Could one use a pcm for the SPI, and change it to batch fire the single injector used on the 92-95 CPI single spider injector?
    No, since the SFI PCMs have small saturated injector drivers rated for no more than about an amp. The earlier ones for the CPI had larger peak and hold injector drivers for the low-z injector. If you have a PCM that looks like a black box it may already be SFI, but you would need to examine the wire harness or injector assembly to see what its set up for. Another give-away would be if it has a crank position sensor in the bottom of the timing chain cover. If you see that, then its an SFI setup.
    Old rusty 88 Camaro
    350 w/ Edelbrock victor EFI intake + 1000 CFM TB
    '279 PCM with a custom tune and code patches by me
    TKO 500, 1LE performance package, etc...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dimented24x7 View Post
    No, since the SFI PCMs have small saturated injector drivers rated for no more than about an amp. The earlier ones for the CPI had larger peak and hold injector drivers for the low-z injector. If you have a PCM that looks like a black box it may already be SFI, but you would need to examine the wire harness or injector assembly to see what its set up for. Another give-away would be if it has a crank position sensor in the bottom of the timing chain cover. If you see that, then its an SFI setup.

The 93/94 CPI rom PCM should work. In plAce of the 95 black box CPI PCM.
    Unless the 94 doesn't have front wheel speed input, for abs?

The 95 has a crank sensor and CPI I only have two wires going to the maxi injector spider assembly and the all alluminum intake one peice sideways throttle and 3000 rpm PCM intake tuning valve.

You can't really fit the sfi or mpi spider in the CPI intake

As the Exclusive Australasian Distributor of HP Tuners VCM Suite tuning software, VCM Suite Australasia Pty Ltd is proud to offer the most advanced, most comprehensive tuning software currently available for performance tuning of all LS powered vehicles (all USA and 1999 to current Commodore).

Tuner in Training
    2 posts and Australasian ?????
    98 GMC Twin Turbo 5.0, 4L80e, Moser 60, 4:10s,

Ok fundimental Question,

How does a 0411 PCM understand the crank / cam signal from a 7.4 BBC 97 Vortech motor?

Does System > General > "Platform Type" effect how the 0411 reads engine speed and crank position?

What is the pattern for crank and cam pulse on the 1997 era 454s?

The LS1 uses 24/2 right
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Quote Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
    Ok fundimental Question,

How does a 0411 PCM understand the crank / cam signal from a 7.4 BBC 97 Vortech motor?

Does System > General > "Platform Type" effect how the 0411 reads engine speed and crank position?

What is the pattern for crank and cam pulse on the 1997 era 454s?

The LS1 uses 24/2 right
    The best way to explain it I feel is that the operating systems for the GEN3/LS1 PCM is have 2 main options and a 3rd.

First type is the Coil Near Plug. This uses a 24x reluctor ring and is used on the Gen 3 engines
    Next is the High Voltage Switch (HVS). This is used on the Gen 1 V8's, Mark 5, and the 4.3L V6. This system uses a 3x for V6 and a 4x for V8 reluctor ring.
    The last type used a 24x reluctor, but it used a coil pack.

By selecting different parameters in the calibration you can switch between them.

To make it easy select a 350 with a 4L80 or manual trans and then rescale the calibration for the 454

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Commiefornia, originator of SMOG laws coming soon to a state near you.
    Sorry to bump such an old thread but I recently purchased HPtuners for my Camaro I'm trying to swap an LS1 into and ASSumed I'd get the bonus of using it on my 97 C1500 also, well you know the saying about assuming things, so from what I've read in this thread my only option is to upgrade the pcm, but everyone seems to give up on the 98-00 blackbox even though it's supposedly easy and just go for the 0411 since it's better, but I already have a 99 pcm that came with/for the 350 I put in my truck after the 305 blew. That's why I was hoping to use the tuner on my truck anybody care to link/post/write up a guide for the 96-97 to 98-00 pcm swap?

Read post #121, Lextech has it

Quote Originally Posted by Bombader View Post
    Sorry to bump such an old thread but I recently purchased HPtuners for my Camaro I'm trying to swap an LS1 into and ASSumed I'd get the bonus of using it on my 97 C1500 also, well you know the saying about assuming things, so from what I've read in this thread my only option is to upgrade the pcm, but everyone seems to give up on the 98-00 blackbox even though it's supposedly easy and just go for the 0411 since it's better, but I already have a 99 pcm that came with/for the 350 I put in my truck after the 305 blew. That's why I was hoping to use the tuner on my truck anybody care to link/post/write up a guide for the 96-97 to 98-00 pcm swap?
    The 0411 is a better pcm, but be sure you don't have a late model year 97 truck. Your black box PCM may work.

I had a bookmark showing the difference between the 97/98 but can't find it. Hook HPT up and see if you can read it.