Thread: Can I still upload the tune?

Can I still upload the tune?

Ok...my processor in my computer fried so the dealership under warranty replaced the computer for my LBZ (GM having problems with a version). The question is...can the tune that I had in the last computer be loaded to the new one without additional credits. The VIN number is the same as both but is it doable?

no your new pcm may have the same vin/os but it has a different hardware serial # so you would have to relicense it(providing you have a single vcm license and not a year/model license)

Tuner in Training
    Maybe not true.... My TCM went bad and the dealer replaced it and I was able to still load tunes without re-licensing the truck... From what I understood the license goes by VIN #... I could be wrong but just stating that I did not have to when I got a new TCM...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by capflya View Post
    Maybe not true.... My TCM went bad and the dealer replaced it and I was able to still load tunes without re-licensing the truck... From what I understood the license goes by VIN #... I could be wrong but just stating that I did not have to when I got a new TCM...
    The great thing about our software is that you don't license the TCM, its free so you can swap in new TCM's at any time without having to relicense them, just so long as the operating system in your TCM stays a valid one.

What Scotte rings true, if the hardware(pcm) you install has a different serial number(which is unique to each pcm) then you would need to relicense it.

You can read more info about this here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...activation.htm

If you purchase a spare VCM for your vehicle and wish to write your file into it,
    you will still need to license the spare VCM when you try to write it.
    If the spare VCM is of the same year/model type as a year/model or vehicle group license which you already have, you will not be prompted to license the VCM as you will already have licensed support for that VCM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Well...that sucks....GMs mistake becomes a $100 mistake for me to fix.