Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: CMCV/IMRC Deletion & Tune Modification Information

yeah i used a roush file to see what the did under IMRC settings and then VCT mapped points. i see misfires on the counter in the log but not wheel errors or at least not much of any and you can hear the engine stumbling trying to hold certain rpms at a low load mainly 2nd gear around 2300-3100 rpm range

Advanced Tuner
    Was that the roush tune in the repository I’ve heard people refer to?

Yes I tried to base my tune off of it runs and drives ok but I have a hesitation and cutout around 2100 rpm to 2500. I guess the Intake and exhaust advancement will have to be modified

Potential Tuner
    +1 to guide on how to do it on s550

Potential Tuner

2005 Mustang GT Rojo y Negro

Greetings RWTD, for mods, it has a C&L 80 mm Street intake, 3:55 factory gears, Charge Motion Control Valve (CMCV) deleted, American Racing 1 5/8" headers with catless H pipe, and a Magnaflow axle back to finish off the exhaust.. To get the most from the tune, I are going to be using 93 octane pump gas.
    Originally I used Diablosport predator, for 80mm CL and remove the catalytic. Then remove the CMCV and long headers. Then they commented on the problems, basically as a cold failure, an intermittent problem went cold, switch to HP Tuner and make the changes you mentioned, but continue with cold problems miss fire.autozone_Cold start and operation.hplRegreso AutozoneHot start and operation.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Deleting the (Charge Motion Control Valves, aka IMRC - Intake Manifold Runner Controls) can/give you more power above the normal CMCV opening, especially in the higher rpm range, as they do pose a slight restriction, but you will lose some low end power below approx. 2k (nothing really major, and a gear change in the future would keep you from even noticing). There isn't anything "funky" it does to the car, provided you make the proper adjustments in the tune. Also, anytime you add in a PDB (Positive Displacement Blower), they are automatically deleted in those kits anyway.

With that being said, you MUST follow the detailed instructions below when deleting them on the S197 3V Mustangs, as well as any 3V 5.4 truck. The reason for this is when you set the "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled" the pcm thinks they are closed at all times, and you obviously want the "Open" table values to be used.

How To: CMCV/IMRC Deletion & Tune Modification Information

1: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, change "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled".
    2: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Torque" table to the "Angle (IMRC Closed) Torque" table.
    3: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Load" table to "Angle (IMRC Closed) Load" table
    4: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Load with failed MAF (IMRC Open)" table to the "Load with failed MAF" table.
    5: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Closed)" table.
    6: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP per Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP per Airmass (Close)" table.
    7: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base (IMRC Closed)" table.
    8: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base MBT (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base MBT (IMRC Closed)" table.
    9: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base MBT" table under IMRC Spark to the "MBT Spark" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base MBT" table.
    10: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base" table under IMRC Spark to the "Borderline Knock" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base" table.

Edit: FYI, I just found a problem with the software. It doesn't allow negative values on the tables listed for #7 and #8 above. However, I don't think any of the negative values are different between the two tables, just the positives ones only (just glancing at them, tho). Regardless, I'll send in a bug report to support.

I hope this helps!
    Does all this also go when deleting IMRC on a 2018 coyote 5.0 gen3?

Advanced Tuner
    No.

It would be nice if someone posted a step by step for the coyote gen 2 and 3

Banned
    I do know that just disableling IMRC Only disables you?re knock correction completely. And that you have to also tune VCT tables along with your spark tables to open map points and it takes a lot of fine-tuning to get the car running properly. If one wanted to upgrade to the 18 manifold swap I have the correct values to make imrc work as well. Just lmk. Hope this helps.

Potential Tuner
    i am having hard time completing this as the tab names do not match and creates confusion, under engine, spark, advance, i have nothing labeled "base MBT" under IMRC spark, i have nothing labeled "MBT spark" under Main spark, i have nothing labeled "base" under IMRC spark, and do not have "borderline knock" under Main spark.

Potential Tuner
    So I?ve used your information here to tune my 2015 Mustang GT it?s running great with Ac on However when the AC is off the auto when warmed up wants to continue to climb up to around 3000 RPM is there something I?m missing here

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kissic View Post
    So I?ve used your information here to tune my 2015 Mustang GT it?s running great with Ac on However when the AC is off the auto when warmed up wants to continue to climb up to around 3000 RPM is there something I?m missing here
    You will have to do the leg work in HP tuners software below are the setting to do IMRC delete/ lockout that i am currently running. Of course i am using SCT SOFTWARE for this, hence you will need to convert all the settings over to HP. At a minimum you have to do the following.
    2015 Plus IMRC Delete/ Lockout the following DTC codes & switches need to be turn off in order to be successful
    IMRC SENSOR SWITCH > set to (o)
    IMRC SWITCH > Set to (0)
    P2004, P2005, P2006, P2007, P2008, P2011, P2014
    DESIRED IMRC POSITION IN OPTPWR MODE WHEN RPM >THRESHOLD max set to (1)
    IMRC DESIRED POSITION WITH NO HARDWARE PRESENT > set to (1)
    IMRC POSITION % WITH NO HARDWARE PRESENT > set to (1)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    You will have to do the leg work in HP tuners software below are the setting to do IMRC delete/ lockout that i am currently running. Of course i am using SCT SOFTWARE for this, hence you will need to convert all the settings over to HP. At a minimum you have to do the following.
    2015 Plus IMRC Delete/ Lockout the following DTC codes & switches need to be turn off in order to be successful
    IMRC SENSOR SWITCH > set to (o)
    IMRC SWITCH > Set to (0)
    P2004, P2005, P2006, P2007, P2008, P2011, P2014
    DESIRED IMRC POSITION IN OPTPWR MODE WHEN RPM >THRESHOLD max set to (1)
    IMRC DESIRED POSITION WITH NO HARDWARE PRESENT > set to (1)
    IMRC POSITION % WITH NO HARDWARE PRESENT > set to (1)
    And these settings keep knock timing working?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    And these settings keep knock timing working?
    yes knock is still enable unless you turn them off

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Deleting the (Charge Motion Control Valves, aka IMRC - Intake Manifold Runner Controls) can/give you more power above the normal CMCV opening, especially in the higher rpm range, as they do pose a slight restriction, but you will lose some low end power below approx. 2k (nothing really major, and a gear change in the future would keep you from even noticing). There isn't anything "funky" it does to the car, provided you make the proper adjustments in the tune. Also, anytime you add in a PDB (Positive Displacement Blower), they are automatically deleted in those kits anyway.

With that being said, you MUST follow the detailed instructions below when deleting them on the S197 3V Mustangs, as well as any 3V 5.4 truck. The reason for this is when you set the "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled" the pcm thinks they are closed at all times, and you obviously want the "Open" table values to be used.

How To: CMCV/IMRC Deletion & Tune Modification Information

1: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, change "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled".
    2: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Torque" table to the "Angle (IMRC Closed) Torque" table.
    3: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Load" table to "Angle (IMRC Closed) Load" table
    4: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Load with failed MAF (IMRC Open)" table to the "Load with failed MAF" table.
    5: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Closed)" table.
    6: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP per Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP per Airmass (Close)" table.
    7: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base (IMRC Closed)" table.
    8: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base MBT (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base MBT (IMRC Closed)" table.
    9: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base MBT" table under IMRC Spark to the "MBT Spark" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base MBT" table.
    10: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base" table under IMRC Spark to the "Borderline Knock" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base" table.

Edit: FYI, I just found a problem with the software. It doesn't allow negative values on the tables listed for #7 and #8 above. However, I don't think any of the negative values are different between the two tables, just the positives ones only (just glancing at them, tho). Regardless, I'll send in a bug report to support.

I hope this helps!
    Do you have info on how to do this on a Gen 2 Coyote?

Tuner in Training
    Is the gen2 info the same as a gen3? I tried making a few changes and I got a no start.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad03snake View Post
    Is the gen2 info the same as a gen3? I tried making a few changes and I got a no start.
    Are you working on a Gen 3? I?m trying to understand the settings for a Gen 3 as well.