Thread: Trans/Converter Tuning

Tuner in Training

Trans/Converter Tuning

I have been searching around for info regarding trans tuning. My truck seems to slam into gear extremely hard. Also I can feel it downshift when I let off and am slowing down on the highway. The trans is a FLT LVL5 4l65e with a yank 3000 converter. If someone could give me a hand with this id appreciate it, I have no idea what I need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    I have been searching around for info regarding trans tuning. My truck seems to slam into gear extremely hard. Also I can feel it downshift when I let off and am slowing down on the highway. The trans is a FLT LVL5 4l65e with a yank 3000 converter. If someone could give me a hand with this id appreciate it, I have no idea what I need to change.
    Where it slams you need to adjust the shift pressure down and there are tables for up and down shifting, just go slow and make changes gradually till you get where you want.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Advanced Tuner
    Put your line pressure back to stock with that tranny.

Tuner in Training
    It is stock.

Transmission > Torque Mngmnt > Torque Reduction

There're two buttons: "Normal" and "Performance" these tables are for torque reduction vs torque vs shift, one for normal driving and the other for performance.

In both tables you have 0, that means no torque reduction while shifting.

You can get a stock tune from the repository to copy over the original values.

If you like hard shifts reduce those values (by half for example) but never zero them.

Tuner
    Since he has a built transmission is it really a big deal that those values are at 0 and not halved? I also have a built tranny and I want to run my tables at 0 for TM during shifts. Is there a reason to still not run 0 even with a built tranny?

Some set them to 0 specially 1/4 mile racers but for normal driving is tiresome.
    Tranny gets aged early but I'm sure it won't break soon and you'll have some fun meantime.