Thread: Idle dipping and A/C fuel economy

Advanced Tuner

Idle dipping and A/C fuel economy

Issue 1: My A/C compressor had been dead for years. I finally had it repaired last month and now it seems that even the A/C off for an entire tank my fuel economy has gone dropped considerably. I replaced the a/c belt because the old one began squealing horribly upon repair. Since the A/C hasn't worked in such a long time, I don't think I ever changed anything related to it. Should there be something I need to be looking at?

Issue 2: When the cooler weather came around I decided to re-tune the RAF a couple times to hit the lower cells, and I worked on the idle primary/secondary VE also. Didn't touch any other tables. When braking, as I near stopping the idle wants to overshoot and hang around 600RPM before gradually coming up. Tends to occur more frequently as the car is warming up and/or during harder braking. I'll post the current tune and grab a log tonight on my way home.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the log from the drive home. EIO Input 1 is my AFR reading.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the stock calibration for my VIN loaded by the dealer last year when they replaced the PCM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner
    I reverted the idle underspeed and overspeed tables back to stock and no change except it also idles a bit higher when colder and the idle doesn't seem to be as solid at the desired idle rpm.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Might want to look in the TM section for the AC issue. AC Torque is probably the culprit.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I could find any search hits on how to calibrate this table. 'ac' is also not a recognized search term.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Add to the lower end of the table (start around 5) so that your AC Airflow goes up when the comp kicks in. You will probably want the upper end to decrease a bit as well so the car doesn't "cruise control" with the AC on at higher RPM's.
    Always Support Our Troops!