Thread: Confirm my thought on a poor ground

Tuner

Confirm my thought on a poor ground

I just put the motor back on my 01' Camaro SS, had replaced the crank during the rebuild and had to swap the reluctor wheel, i have a tool for alignment and got it clocked right it has .005" or less run out.

Its a 3-bar SD turbo LQ9 364"

Here is what im dealing with. The car starts and runs decent, i changed the cam so the tune is all fubared so ignore the hella negative trims in the log.

The car all of a sudden craps out, the SES lights starts flashing and runs like shit then the wideband tanks into the 10's and if i can catch it i can clean it out and it will settle back down. This misfiring and flashing SES are very intermitent at best.

Ive noticed ALOT of weird stuff happeing, the tach in the cluster will act all intermitent at times, everytime the above phenominon happens the scanner disconnects instantly and reconnects when the issue goes away. So whatever the issue is, its connected to the ALDL as well.

Take a look at the attached log and check out the bizzare shit going on! The engine was running through out the whole thing, the RPM's drop to 0, bank 1 inj pulse drops to 0 and at the end the ECT sensor pegs to -40 which is a default... and the motor just quit dead.

Does all this sound like the grounds on the back of the bank 1 head are poor??? those are PCM and various sensors grounds from what i can find.

I was able to complete a case learn as well which was succesful.

Any ideas are welcome as this is very odd! Never had issues like this in the history ive owned the car and the motor has been out several times.

The "failing ects" log is the crazy one ignore the wideband, it was not hooked up to the cable. The "funky running" is one where it didnt loose RPM signal or anything strange and i have the wideband hooked up
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 11-06-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Check for the 3 grounds on the Driver Side cylinder head in the rear.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Just reporting the findings incase someone goes to search fora similiar issue in the future.

As suggest and thought of... As soon as i reached back there, the G112 circuit on the back of the head was busted right off! It was grounding against the valve cover. That would explain why it would go apeshit when i would free rev it.

2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Yep, that would do it!!! Thanks for reporting in the results.
    Always Support Our Troops!