Thread: KR with stock timing tables?

Tuner in Training

KR with stock timing tables?

The car: 2004 GTO with pacesetter headers and no cats. Custom Air intake. Built transmission with stall. Not sure what but I can find out.

Basically, at WOT it is wanting me to take out anywhere from 3-5* of timing on stock tables. ECT stays around 180. IAT's stay around 80. Is there anything else I am missing? What does everyone think about the transmission settings? I have a 04 GTO also but mine is an M6 and the only thing I really did was CAGS. I am new to A4 tuning. Check frames 2200-2250 on the scanner. Thanks alot.

Your timing table is different than stock, also your injector table is lower. From 4400 rpm and up your PE table is lower than the stock one. Do you have a wideband? Maybe the car has a handheld tune on it?

Tuner in Training
    The car does have a Diablosport tune on it. Do you think I should start with a stock tune and go from there? I do not have a wideband to tune the car. I need to talk to him into buying one. It would help out tremendously. I am also in the process of buying one for my Goat but I am waiting until the gauge comes with Dynojet WB2.

Tuner
    Depending what Diablosport tune is in there, and what fuel you are running, might explain the KR. Didn't know you are able to read a Diablosport tune with HPTuner, since you can, make a direct comparison between the stock tune and the one in the car at present, this will give you some good knowledge about what Diablosport does. There is a way to use the scanner/histogram to record the kr and reduce timing as needed, the "getting started" for the scanner will set you in the right direction, (I'd explain in greater detail, but I need to re-read it some more myself).

Diablo tunes are crap IMO. Put a stock one back in there. Tune the fueling and timing correctly and the issue will go away.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB