Thread: ECS Novi Kit Dyno Results

ECS Novi Kit Dyno Results

I dynoed my car yesterday at Strictly Performance. Mods in sig. My very first pull was 579/530 and that was the best I could do. That was @ 14 degrees of timing and ~11:1. I tried leaning it out and fattening it up and didn't make any more power. Tried adding timing but it just got KR. They strapped me down and showed me how to work the dyno and left me to my own devices. I neglected to set up a fan in front of the car so there was basically no intercooling going on. So by the 8th run I struggled to get back into the 570 range and my IAT's were in the 130's (with an ambient of low 60's). I need to make sure I have a big fan on it next time. Also the tach pickup was not working so there is no RPM on the graph. I used my on board WB so the dyno's WB was not installed, thus the stoich AFR on the graph.

Anyway, I had a bet with a buddy that I would crack the 600 RW mark so I cheated a little and removed the airbridge/air cleaner/restrictor plate and did one last run of 617/567. Overall I'm happy but I was hoping to crack 600 with the restrictor plate in.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Congrats Bill! Looks like you got things ironed out. BTW Did you try desensitizing the knock sensors? They do tend to be a bit sensitive.
    Always Support Our Troops!

No. All KR settings are stock. I'm not too keen on desensitizing them right now.
    Bill Winters

when you got KR, did you *see* it in the graph?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Just the lost power, not like a sharp dip. Here are all the runs although not too pretty.

Bill Winters

Looks like KR at 90 MPH & 115 MPH.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Not so bad, bud.

BTW, any reason you couldn't get the tach to work? FYI, don't use the tach lead that goes to the wire. It normally never works. Instead, put the tach lead around the pink wire going to the coil pack.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)