Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '06 SS/SC 2.0 VE tuning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you have 42#'s and a 2.8....u should really be on the 60's
    agreed completely with this statement. 60#'s are needed.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

I'm not sure where people keep finding all these "60" lb injectors. The only ones everyone else uses for the LSJ are Siemens 64 lb.

And you can run 42s on a 2.8 just fine. If you actually tune the car to not run like pig rich 10.8 afr and have some cooling mods and good airflow, you won't be past 85% DC.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_blink View Post
    I'm not sure where people keep finding all these "60" lb injectors. The only ones everyone else uses for the LSJ are Siemens 64 lb.

Siemens Deka 630cc injectors
    According to Racetronix;
    Static Flow Rate: 60.56 lb/hr (+/-6%)
    I think the term '60's' is actually quite fitting.
    Last edited by omega_5; 12-17-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Tyler

I'll be looking at the injectors closely.

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    Siemens Deka 630cc injectors
    According to Racetronix;

I think the term '60's' is actually quite fitting.
    If you bothered to pay any attention to the independent testing done on those injectors when the offsets for the LSJs were configured, you would see that on the LSJ they are rated at 64 lbs/hr. If you have them scaled and offset as 60 lbs, then your tuning is off.
    RSG Offroad

Advanced Tuner
    If you bothered to pay any attention to the independent testing done on those injectors when the offsets for the LSJs were configured, you would see that on the LSJ they are rated at 64 lbs/hr. If you have them scaled and offset as 60 lbs, then your tuning is off.
    Question, Based on the info below, wouldn't the tuning be off anyway because Cobalts run 62 PSI fuel pressure and these injectors are rated at 43.5 PSI?

Isn't the LSJ injector offset based on an injector that flows X at 62 PSI Pressure?

I max out the injector offset on an LSJ when using these injectors and have to trim alot out of the Maf Curve to get it to run right.

Racetronix Part # L107FM Part # 107961 (Siemens FI114961 - Mototron INJ-GAS-006 - Accel 74620L - MSD/Edge 2030)
    All tests run with n-Heptane (0.6855g/mL) @ 20oC (+/-1oC), 3.0 Bar (+/-0.01 Bar) (43.5PSI) , 14VDC (+/-0.05VDC), saturated driver. Engineering data specifies a flow ratio of apx. 1.035:1 when converting to gas.
    Static Flow Rate: 60.56 lb/hr = 668 cc/min = 458 g/min (+/-6%)
    Dynamic Flow Rate 2.5ms PW @ 100Hz @ 600KPa: 19.5 mg/pulse (+/-6%)
    Coil Resistance: 12 Ohms (This high-impedance injector will work with all factory ECM/PCM injector drivers)
    Gain: 0.11ms/mg
    Offset: 0.055ms
    Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
    Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa
    Spray Pattern: Cone (4-Hole)
    Connector: Minitimer (Bosch EV1)
    > Click here for dimensions <
    Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings.
    Grease supplied to lubricate o-rings prior to installation.
    Dynamically flowed and grouped to within 1% tolerance using Racetronix custom injector flow bench

Note: Injector flow rates are based on testing with n-Heptane test solvent (0.6855 g/ml). U.S. EPA emission test gasoline 40CFR86.113 (0.735g/ml) flows in most common injector designs at about a 3 to 4% higher rate than n-Heptane. A ratio of 1.035:1 can be used when converting the flow specifications above.

Which is why in the LSJ you tune them for 64lbs......

And you should be doing your calculations at around 59psi, that is a more steady state pressure when asking for that much fuel.
    RSG Offroad

Actually, I tuned the injectors for what ever the flow apparatus at my old shop said they were. And I know it's not 60lb/hr... and it's not 64lb/hr either.

If you want to get all technical on the subject, you should call them "59-66lb/hr depending on which end of the tolerance you got" injectors...
    I've seen the Siemens Deka injectors have a very large difference in flow from one to the other. At least most retailers try to match them up the best they can.

Either way... in the event that someone did put "60lb/hr" in the injector field, you do realize that they can account for it everywhere else in the tuning process, right? (assuming they didn't half ass the tune) The V8 guys do it on purpose all the time.
    Tyler