Thread: 2008 duramax tuning for Fuel Economy Question

2008 duramax tuning for Fuel Economy Question

Havent had any experience adjusting fuel on the diesels. Any body know what tables to use for cruise and WOT fuel. I would like to lessen the amount of fuel at cruise for economy since we installed larger injectors and its guzzling at 9mpg however a little increase at WOT. If you can point me in the right direction i can figure it out from their. also raising or lowering the values what does what. i know to go to Diesel under Engine and i can see an enormous amount of fuel tables i just want to know which ones to adjust and which ones to stay away from. thanks!

Can someone explain the difference between pilot 1, 2, 3 etc.? What is the best way to calibrate injector timing. Do all tables need adjusting or only a couple? If any one can help here it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Shop View Post
    Havent had any experience adjusting fuel on the diesels. Any body know what tables to use for cruise and WOT fuel. I would like to lessen the amount of fuel at cruise for economy since we installed larger injectors and its guzzling at 9mpg however a little increase at WOT. If you can point me in the right direction i can figure it out from their. also raising or lowering the values what does what. i know to go to Diesel under Engine and i can see an enormous amount of fuel tables i just want to know which ones to adjust and which ones to stay away from. thanks!
    I'm still at a loss as to why people think they need larger injectors...can you explain this please. I'd really like to know. We've made over 700HP (wheels), with stock injectors...so what's the point ? You can run to the edge of hydraulic lock as it is, bend the rods and break the crank with stock injection parts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    You can run to the edge of hydraulic lock as it is, bend the rods and break the crank with stock injection parts.
    SWEET!

I have seen over 850 HP on stock injectors, why would you install larger injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L View Post
    I have seen over 850 HP on stock injectors, why would you install larger injectors.
    To improve efficiency, by reducing how long the injector needs to be open to flow that large amount of fuel.

Above 500 HP Bigger injectors should be considered.