Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: GT500 Clone Project

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Anytime you are tuning you need to disable the filtering logic intially. In the end, once you have ALL the tables adjusted properly, including the Load w/ Failed MAF tables, then you can reenable it. However, my guess is that with HPT you won't be able to adjust every table properly that is needed to make the filtering logic work properly, so I'm going to have to recommend to you to leave it off.

With all the being said, the logic changed later in the lifespan of the PowerPC vehicles, so just switching off "Cylair Anticipation" may not work for the newer vehicles (it seems to be the late 2007 calibrations and newer). If you notice in your tune, Cylair Anticipation is already Disabled (someone previously switched this off, apparently), yet you were possibly having problems with the fueling doing as you're commanding through the MAF (from what it sounds like in your previous post above). More than likely this particular vehicle's calibration is one of the ones that is affected by the logic change, SO you need to switch the CylAir Filter to Disabled, but leave Cylair Anticipation Enabled (pay attention to what I'm telling you here, do NOT leave both Disabled). Test that, see if that works, and let me know here.

Thanks!
    Thanks Again James
    I thought I needed to Enable the Cylair Anticipation, but I wasn't 100% sure.

The car surges on a coast cruise and it looks like the Fuel Pressure drops, but it is being commanded to. I hope Enable the Cylair Anticipation will fix it or I may have an issue in my pump settings. I have been over everything that I can change Some things won't change.

I understand that I will need to reenable it after I am done.

The car is starting to take shape

Senior Tuner
    Your tune already had the CylAir Anticipation Disabled (the one I looked at, which is the last one you posted up that I referenced in my previous post), but since this is most likely one of the strategies that is affected with the new strategy by Ford, you will need to set this to Enabled, and then set the CylAir Filter to Disabled.

Fuel pressure will ALWAYS move around on a Ford with an ERFS (electronic returnless fuel system), because it's vacuum/boosted referenced.

Again, you are prolly gonna be a lil SOL on the FPVT, as that table is VERY important to maintaining reliable and consistent fuel pump operation. It being off a lot is going to throw a huge curve in the drivability. Do you have access to an SCT programmer, or just the DiabloSport one? I could make you a tune in SCT format that rectifies the FPVT limit issue, and then you could suck it out with HPT.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

The fuel Pressure is going from say 39.15 or 44 down to 20 psi and back up, but the fuel pressure isn't the issue. The throttle blade is opening and closing when you are holding a steady accelerator pedal position at or below 14% and that is causing the fuel pressure to fluctuate.

On Wednesday I was about ready to throw in the towel. I have other work to get done (on the side). At time the changes I made would work and other times that made little difference, so I did what every one said not to. I added a ton of fuel to the base and failed tables. The car runs more and more like the last big time dyno tuner shop gave it to the customer after 8 weeks.

I have a Roush tune that I thought was a N/A tune, but it looks to be a SC stage 3 as it was given to me. I had copied some table from this and 1 of them was the Open Loop Fuel TPS vs RPM and that was 14.6 across the board. I changed it back to the one I had before, but it made no difference.
    Then I started to think. I just need to tune this with the filter off and get it dialed in and then turn the filter back on.

That Ford tuner had the throttle hanging open for a very long time. This car had no decel at all. Maybe that was the way they fixed it.

If the filter was truely not allowing me to make proper adjustment I should be OK now.

Your tune already had the CylAir Anticipation Disabled (the one I looked at, which is the last one you posted up that I referenced in my previous post), but since this is most likely one of the strategies that is affected with the new strategy by Ford, you will need to set this to Enabled, and then set the CylAir Filter to Disabled.

Fuel pressure will ALWAYS move around on a Ford with an ERFS (electronic returnless fuel system), because it's vacuum/boosted referenced.

Again, you are prolly gonna be a lil SOL on the FPVT, as that table is VERY important to maintaining reliable and consistent fuel pump operation. It being off a lot is going to throw a huge curve in the drivability. Do you have access to an SCT programmer, or just the DiabloSport one? I could make you a tune in SCT format that rectifies the FPVT limit issue, and then you could suck it out with HPT.
    The big time Ford tuner lost/kept his SCT and then mailed him back one for an older Mustang
    I need to post a log and see what you think.
    Maybe it is the fuel pressure and not the Throttle. I will log it again with more PID's and post the log and the tune.

When you change too much at once this is what happens. I have a scaller on the fuel pump that wouldn't scale the same as the GT-500 so I did what I could and left it. I will see what i can do with it.
    Last edited by AJxtcman; 07-10-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Senior Tuner
    If you can get access to an SCT flasher, I can make this happen for you with the FPVT issue.

As for the TB issue, I could even copy you over the proper ETC values for the car (HPT is still missing important parameters for the ETC that I feel are needed on forced induction vehicles, or higher powered N/A vehicles).
    Formerly known as RWTD

As for the TB issue, I could even copy you over the proper ETC values for the car (HPT is still missing important parameters for the ETC that I feel are needed on forced induction vehicles, or higher powered N/A vehicles).
    Could you explain which ETC parameters those would be?

James I had to go back and start over. I needed a fresh file to work with.
    I left out a couple of Fuel Pump Parameters. I will change them one at a time.

This is based off a Roush Stage 3 tune that was emailed to me. I didn't think it was a S/C car mainly because of the injector size, but it all make sense now. I ran the VIN and it is a true Roush Built car . Next I added the 60lbs injector parameters. Then the IMRC delete and then worked on the GT-500 pump parameters.

I am going out to log the Fuel Pump and massage it (if I can) and then I will look at my MAF xfer again

Ok this is my base
    I had a small amount of fuel pump surge at coast cruise, The car Stalled at stops and the wrench came on when I went WOT.
    Now I know what I have.
    Attachment 18905

Attachment 18906

James Shoot me an email address
    Last edited by AJxtcman; 07-11-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Senior Tuner
    PM on the way.
    Formerly known as RWTD

How about the Adaptive Voltage? I have it enabled

I can't change the Low Limit Mult & High Limit Mult

If you can get access to an SCT flasher, I can make this happen for you with the FPVT issue.

The car never surged like this until added a ton of fuel and then turned off the filter.
    So I tried to play with the pump today and I even went back to the old settings. No change and I really didn't think it would.
    The car is running much better than it was two weeks ago, other than the surging and the fuel pressure jacking up and down below say 14% to 20% throttle. Well I can't tune while that is going on.
    I need to figure out what I am going to do next. SCT flasher is needed or I will need to go see Marv.

Senior Tuner
    You emailed that you had an SCT 9415 programmer. This is actually an XCal2. That can accept custom tunes! So, as long as it is UNLOCKED, and I believe it is based on the info you told me in the email, then we can use that.

Go here:

http://www.sctflash.com/techsupport.php

Click on "Device Updates & Downloads", then under step 1 click on "SF Strategy Flash - P/N: 9415", then under step 2 click on "Device Update Software". Read what you see there.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Since I replace the Injectors everything has been falling into place. I was hung up on the Filter for a day or two, but this car runs very good. It performs very well also.
    When you are handed a basket case it take time to find all the issues and it doesn't help to have more parts on top of more parts added to the list of mods.

I guess I need to figure out how to update the SCT flasher to work with this car and then get the file I need.

BTW I asked HPT to update the the Fuel Pump Parameters in VDF for this car

Senior Tuner
    VDF?

Good luck getting them to update it on the fly for you. I doubt they will. They know the issue at hand (with the FPVT limits), as I've brought it up to them several times, but it's probably not going to happen for a while. This limit also applies to the transient tables, as they are based on MAP.
    Last edited by RWTD; 07-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Vehicle Definition File

It is nice to own a VDF Editor yourself or have someone edit them on the fly for you.

or a custom tuning package

Senior Tuner
    Ahh, yeah, that's tools of the trade for most of us. Regardless, it's not so easy for them to add in what you're asking. Why? It's a hard coded limit for both the fuel flow limit and MAP limit range in the pcm, so there's some nifty modifying that has to be done to allow around such.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Dbx Maf

This DBX MAF sensor seems to be a very good unit for my application so far.
    I hope I can say that in a week.

Test drove
    6247 RPM's
    4.92v MAF
    76% TPS.

I guess I need to extend the new MAF table in the DBX sensor.
    Last edited by AJxtcman; 07-14-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Side note/reminder
    Backlash .014"
    Total preload 7 inch/lb
    Pinion preload 2 inch/lb
    left cap 50 ft/lb top blot
    Right cap 82 ft/lb lower bolt Upper bolt was greater