Thread: 2007 Corvette -E38 PCM - Max out MAF 67.7 lb/min

Tuner in Training

2007 Corvette -E38 PCM - Max out MAF 67.7 lb/min

Greetings! I will start by saying I am not an expert tuner. I have been tuning on my corvette for about 1.5 years. I recently did a motor swap and went to a long rod forged 370ci motor with a custom grind cam. I did it for a couple reasons, one of which is because I was curious to see what the motor would put out. Secondly, I roll race my car and being able to hold gears longer and staying in the high RPMS while still making power would benefit me. The motor was built to spin to 8000 rpm and it has a custom grind cam by Brian Tooley that was spec'd for this purpose. The car is naturally aspirated LQ4 bored to 4.030 with a stock 3.62 stroke. The compression is about 11.1:1. It has a 105 MAF housing,LS7 MAF, LS3 injectors, ported stock TB, MSD Air Force Intake. I am on here asking because I could be heading down the wrong path and one of you could save me.

The issue I am having I am maxing out the MAF lb/min PID. In my scanned data you can see it hits a certain point and flat lines. During the runs the car pulls hard until top of third gear and then levels out. It acts like its maxed out the injectors, but the duty cycle is at 95%. I know I need to get bigger injectors and will order some once I figure out how big to go, but maybe something I am doing in the tune is making it look like they are maxed out. Do you think the two thing correlate?

I have attached my files for review. If anyone wants to look the tune over, I'd take that input as well. Like I said I am not a pro. Be blunt if you must, every bit of input helps. If anyone thinks I should let a pro tune it, say that as well.

Upgrade to the enhanced operating system.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Okay, thanks. I just upgraded to the enhanced OS. I believe I saw to use a 2005 C6 VE table as a starting point?

Try it and see what happens.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

yes, you can use that as a rough start, but the real benefit I think dave is pointing you towards is the extended MAF table. your upper frequency is now over 15,000hz and airflow about 135lb/m vs the 11,500 ish and 67.7lb/m it was...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Tommy. I am moving in multiple directions at once. I am also wanting to tune my VE, as the car is on a MAF only tune right now.

Tuning Addict
    I don't know if this applies to 2.24 or not, but if your using beta watch out on the enhanced OS's right now... Especially if your getting up above a 100 map level where boost enrichment could possibly kick in. Fought one today where it was hitting my boost enrichment map setting of 90kpa and it would automatically lean out the air fuel to 18 or just flat out kill the motor like I had switched the key off? Set the BE to 255 and was able to continue... Of course that was only after wasting time on it trying to figure out what was going on... Just saying if you all of a sudden have weird issues, there might be a simple explanation.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the heads up

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    doing a blend would be best. your MAF will be able to handle more Lbs of Air with OS upgrade.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161