Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Tundra 5.7

sorry I took so long to get back with you. its a 08.
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.
    DIY Dual Walbro 340 fuel pumps.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No tuning but you should be able to scan most obd2 vehicles with the newest beta, if you'd care to test it out on some foreign vehicles shoot support an email with your serial number & the subject generic obd2 scanning beta tester
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I will do that. Thanks.
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.
    DIY Dual Walbro 340 fuel pumps.

Tuner in Training

toyota scanning

Sorry I've been away guys. Been busy.

I also sell a product call MAP ECU2. It is a piggy back that has additional injector control, speed density conversions, and you can basically double the injector flow rates and be good to go. It also controls ignition timing as well, so this BY FAR is the best thing to run if you can't reflash the factory computer. I've been doing this for 15 years and IF I can't reflash something and ALSO have to pass emissions then I'll use the MAP ECU2.

I have use the scanning portion of HP tuners to HELP in the tuning of a twin turbocharged Lexus IS-F. You can ditch the mass airflow meter with that set up and I used wideband input to HP tuners and created histograms and logging of short term trims. It works great. It would be great if I could log knock............HINT HINT...............

I also have a 1998 Toyota Supra however, that this won't work on. I believe Bill says that the older Toyota protocol used some other stream that isn't open???? or something like that. Kind of upset about that. I have a beta version and if Bill is kind enough I'd like to try another beta version if he ever wants to upgrade the scanning side again. I've used the scanning software to tune more cars than I have the actual HP tuners reflash side. I do more imports than anything.

I am getting ready to have this put on a Lexus IS300 turbo; and another IS300 V-8 5.X liter toyota engine swap with a supercharger and built motor.

I also own the factory Toyota scan tool, and it seems like HP tuners logs at the maximum rate, whereas sometimes I can only get 4hz from the factory scan tool.

If you guys would like, I'll test the IS300 this weekend or week and see if HP tuners will work. In a perfect world, I'd love to use HP tuners over the factory scan tool. Has a better interface...

Tuner in Training
    I have an HPT that I am using to tune my G8 GT. I would LOVE to be able to tweak some settings in the Tundra. The main goals would be to help around town fuel economy and to see what can be done to make a 'tow' mode for when I am pulling the travel trailer. I have the latest beta of 2.23 and will see what I can get from the Tundra.

Potential Tuner
    Hi all and greetings from Finland! I`m a new member on this board... I have daily driver 2008 Tundra SC, mods on my Tundra are... longtubes + race cats + x-pipe + 2 x 2.5" exhaus, also tyres are 35".
    I currently run with "HP-tuner" but I think that I need some details to software. Tundra is tuned on Dyno and work quite well, but I got feel that some areas need adjustin on current map, example tranny side is still "stock". My question is that does anyone run with similary mods ( tuned on HP-tuner ) and and has seen the time and effort for "fine / custom tune" and naturally worked in other areas as well so that everything works flowlesly. I know a lot of tuners don’t want to give up their data, but I’m willing to pay for “open” software. This would be a great help, as we do not have experience of such a comprehensive ECU, the effects of which also extend to the behavior of the transmission.
    What comes on full throttle adjustments (ignition and fuel), we can perform the adjustments both on the road and with the dyno, no problem.
    Guys, you can contact me directly via e-mail or private message, I will be more than greatfully If someone would help me...

E-mail: [email protected]