Thread: No Start, security and red light flashing

Tuner in Training

No Start, security and red light flashing

Hello,

I changed the steering column in my 01 TA from a 00 Camaro. The TA is a 6 speed and the Maro was an Auto. I do not think there would be a difference in column's, other then the Park Brake Release cable ? Or are the ING switches different?

The 2 small white wires (I assume for the Ing Key sensor) were ripped out by accident.

If the Key lock is disabled in the Tune, do these two small wires need to be connected?

In the Tune, both VATS and ING Key Lock are disabled, yet no start and Security in the dash flashes and the red light on top of the dash flashes.

Car started and ran fine. I swapped the whole column cause the L turn sig. would not work. Now this mess

Prolly should have just changed the darn switch....

Any Ideas ?

Tuner in Training

Different amount of Key Resistance !

The darn Keys have a different amount of resistance ! I stuff the original key in the ing and with the ING switch hanging down, I can start the car with the switch !

Any way to change this value ? Or I need to grab a key with this amount of resis?

Tuner in Training

Done !

I was able to find a resistor and stuff it in line in place of the Lock Cyl....

Nice place for a hidden toggle switch for added security