Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "PC Serial Interface" what am I missing?

Potential Tuner

Re: "PC Serial Interface" what am I miss

I can't believe we're all dropping $500 for this and it doesn't come with adapters to work with any of the newer laptops. Does that make sense?
    I just found this thread after searching. I already emailed support@hpt... I just recieved my HPT and was excited to get going and found out it wont connect to my IBM Thinkpad R40. It is a few years old, but does not have a serial port.

Is there an option for what cable you recieve or is there only a serial cable offered? If only serial is offered, anyone know why?

Thanks for the links above. Are they all the same or are there some specs I need to make sure are up to par? Is it all plug and play or do they come with software or something?
    &&[email protected] 97 GTP&&[email protected] BADSSEI (1.576 60\') &&www.INTENSE-RACING.com

Re: "PC Serial Interface" what am I miss

Quote Originally Posted by GTPMORAD

I just found this thread after searching. I already emailed support@hpt... I just recieved my HPT and was excited to get going and found out it wont connect to my IBM Thinkpad R40. It is a few years old, but does not have a serial port.

Is there an option for what cable you recieve or is there only a serial cable offered? If only serial is offered, anyone know why?

Thanks for the links above. Are they all the same or are there some specs I need to make sure are up to par? Is it all plug and play or do they come with software or something?
    At the moment there is only serial offered. I forget the reason why but it had something to do with USB being a PITA, HPT would have to answer this question.

You can check out these two links for the future of USB:

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Re: Keyspan drops data in scanner fix

Good info about settings of the Keyspan type USB->Serial Adapter:
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a: