Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hows it look

hows it look

ok got a scan and would like to know what you gys think. or if you gys can catch anything... o and i also have a PLX wide band 02

its from a 2002 v6 camaro. NA

i forgot to add the tune here you go.
    Last edited by Josh Hapka; 11-29-2008 at 05:28 PM.

i forgot to add the file.... there u go

I would personally spend some time dialing in the MAF table.

LTFT are out quite significantly, & your measured AFR while in PE isn't following commanded AFR very well either.
    Last edited by Shane Hewitt; 11-30-2008 at 06:29 AM.

Or spend some time dialing in the VE table. Or both VE & MAF. Agree that the LTFTs are out and you are not following your commanded AFR in PE. Vary rarely did you hit the 13 being commanded. Typically your running leaner according to the WB. When was the last time the PLX was calibrated? You also has some KR in some of your WOT runs. Verifying the WB and verifying/correcting commanded may fix this. May need to richen up PE and/or pull some timing.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

i was informed that i didnt ned to calibrate the PLX WB....and how do you tell rather ur lean or rich with the wide band

Right - PLX does not need calibration but it is good to compare it to a know variable (stoich AFR) to make sure it is still within tolerance. Going back and looking at the scan, this looks to be close. Still bounces around 14.2 to 15.2 under normal driving conditions. You are commanding 13 in your tune but the wideband is indicating mid to high 13s so you are running leaner than you are commanding during PE.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

i was trying to hit around 14.7 for cruising and i was told the optimal AFR for PE is 13 but i was also told 11.5 not sure wich one i should go for....? also im still kinda confused...... for maf tuning... in the v6 its like 1500 to 11500 right.... so you scale it first starting and tuning the idle.. and you scale it by 1000 to 1999 than 2000 to 2999 all the way up to 11500 or do you scale it 1000 to 3999 because thats the idle range... than go 4000 to 8999 because its the cruising range..... than finally do PE maf tuning?

Yes 14.7 for most driving including cruise. AFR of 11.5 is too rich for a NA vehicle. Should target in the 12.5 to 13 AFR range. But with that said your are still commanding 13 and ending up with mid to high 13s.

Create a new user defined PID "AFR Error - PLX WB". Under function, copy 100*([AUX.20003]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Load the default HPT histogram "MAF - AFR Error" and change the PID to the newly created user defined "AFR Error - PLX WB" PID.

Commit and save config. Right click on the histo table and load all. This should give your % error between commanded and actual from the WB. Copy all data and "paste special multiple by %" if you are double digits or "paste special multiple by % - half" if you are in the single digits. Save tune, flash and rescan. Repeat this process till your % error is under 5 %. Using your WB, this will work for all driving conditions including PE and WOT.

Similar type setup and process for VE tuning if you choose to do it.
    Steve

Create a new user defined PID "AFR Error - PLX WB". Under function, copy 100*([AUX.20003]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Load the default HPT histogram "MAF - AFR Error" and change the PID to the newly created user defined "AFR Error - PLX WB" PID.

ok so i just really load the default MAF-AFR error and use that to multiply or multiply by half in % and use my wb for just to see if im runing close to my commanded afr right? i wanst sure.... you kinda lost me at the under function, copy 100*([AUX.20003]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121.......

i couldnt find the function.. you might need to go step by step.
    but as far as using the MAF-AFR error ya i think i got that.. that makes sense. would you suggest i put my Maf back to stock than redew it?

and thanks for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Hapka View Post
    ok so i just really load the default MAF-AFR error and change the PID to the newly created user defined "AFR Error - PLX WB" PID and use that to multiply or multiply by half in % and use my wb for just to see if im running close to my commanded afr right? i wanst sure.... you kinda lost me at the under function see demo below

i couldnt find the function.. see demo below but as far as using the MAF-AFR error ya i think i got that.. that makes sense. would you suggest i put my Maf back to stock than redew it?Yes, start over from stock values
    No do not just use the default. You have and paid for your WB so use it. Maybe the demo below will help:
    DEMO: Creating a Custom PID and Adding a Custom PID to the Histogram (http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/C...stom%20PID.swf)

Create a new user defined PID "AFR Error - PLX WB". Under function at the bottom of the "Configure User Defined Custom PID" screen, put the following in the blank under function:

100*([AUX.20003]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Follow the same steps listed in my previous response.
    Steve

ooooo i see that will make tuning alot more easier thanks so much.... if i have any more questions i will for sure ask... thanks..

Steve

ok i did it and it does look better but i really dont see any improvement as for as deliverd trans tourque.... and i know i can get alot more,,,,,, i did the cruise and its around 14.7 wich is good, now my wot,, it shows that its around 0 for my wot,, well 14.7 for me to get the most out of it since its a N/A motor is 12.5 or 13.0 right, so i have to calibrate it for that correct.... heres the tune adn the scan to go with it so you can take a look and see whats up and how im doing...... by the way im learning alot gys thanks.

is this right

i am on the right track right?

The MAF looks better......I would still fine tune it some. The last V6 I dealt with I had to get the LTFT within 0 to -5 in order to get them to 0 out in PE.

Speaking of PE.....what happened to it? Your car appears to be staying in closed loop at WOT!

P.S. I'd check your file myself, but I got an "invalid file format" error when I clicked on the tune you posted.

hmmmm ill repost the tune, and if it were doing that how would i fix it?

Still can't open it.......why is the file size different from the original?

Sorry. Been out of pocket a while. I also can not open your tune up. Try doing a save as with a much simpler and shorter name with no spaces.

VE looks like it still needs fine tuning also. Do you have PE disabled? I see 100% TPS you are still commanding around 14.7ish. That is NOT good. You want to be targeting 12.5 when in PE.
    Steve

ok try this and i will also attatch a scan that i did while i was cruising around....i also set the base afr vs. ect all to 12.5 so i can tune my wot...

oh and is there a way to smooth out the maf curve line withought really messing it up?