Thread: license problem

Tuner in Training

license problem

I licenced my best freinds car last night to do a tune on his 05 GTO. When it asked to license the car I clicked single car and commit. Now shows I have no credits left and shows his car in my history. Problem is when I read VCM it tells me the car is not licensed and will not allow me to change anything. I just tuned my wifes TBSS yesterday with no problems. Any Ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The software shouldn't ask you to license a vehicle until AFTER you've read the VCM, from the sounds of it thats NOT what you did, can you please explain in detail of the exact steps you took, or if you'd like please contact support and we can help you on a personal level.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I read the VCM and thats when it asked me to license the vehicle. I choose single vehicle and hit commit. After completing the steps of licensing the vehicle it would not allow me to change anything. I closed the file and reopened it to read the VCM again and it asked me to license the vehicle after reading the VCM. I checked my history and it says the vehicle is licensed. After screwing with it for about 2hrs I said the hell with it and bought 2 more credits and went threw the same steps and all went like clock work. Now in my history the car is licensed twice. Cost me 4 credits but the car it tuned.

Did you email this to support@HPT?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner in Training
    Not yet I posted this when I was having the problem and since I got it to work right I have not messed with it. I was just chalking it up as a mistake on my half.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Shoot support an email with a vcm suite infolog while connected to your interface along with a link to this thread & I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"