Thread: ability to use scanner with different mpvi cable

ability to use scanner with different mpvi cable

I'm not sure if this has been requested before but i would like the ability to use the scanner with a different cable it will not let you connect (invalid cable id #) you cant even pull logs from another pro cable

i dont think its a big licensing issue if you only allow the scanner to use it

if your worried you could have a place to enter a guests cable id #/app key and only allow up to 5 guest cables or something

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You just need to enter the correct application key for whatever interface you are using.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

so i have to delete the config file then enter the app key then delete the file ,then enter the old key

so so you want me to start a new thread in requests for a easier method or should we move this thread back and re title ?

i plan on doing this alot in the future

all i want is scanning capability/log readng(pro) without alot of hassle
    Last edited by scotte; 11-28-2008 at 09:37 AM.

VCM Scanner->help->about, click update application key.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just to elaborate on what Keith is saying, all you need to do is connect the MPVI cable you want to use to your laptop, then go to VCM Scanner-help-License info and click on the underlined update application key hotlink and enter the application key for that interface, our software will recognize the interface & its key as being correct and allow you to scan without issue.

No deleting of any files needed, just a couple of clicks & a copy & paste & your golden

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"