Thread: HPTuners WITH Diablo Predator

Tuner in Training

HPTuners WITH Diablo Predator

If I pay to have a local tune my car with hptuners can I later update the tune with my Predator, say shift points etc?
    I don't plan on buying HPTuners but I do have a Predator, I was going to pay a local who will have the unlimited license to tune my car.

Just seeing if this was possible.

Tuner in Training
    I don't know for certain, but i do not see why not.

Because if you flash a whole new file on there, it will stay there, the predator will read that file and make adjustments from that file and reflash it, so i am assuming so..

Tuner
    It sounds to me like you nee more confidence in your tuner. If you don't have that much confidence in him, find another one.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    It sounds to me like you nee more confidence in your tuner. If you don't have that much confidence in him, find another one.
    I don't know how that was communicated. I don't want to make big changes, maybe small changes if things are changed on my car. Specifically wheel/tire combo's for street/track so that I can reset the OD of my tires.

Tuner
    I could see that, but to me, I'd rather deal with the discrepancy than pay the price for the Diablo just to change my tire size to keep the speedo working right for track use.

Tuner in Training
    I could see that, but to me, I'd rather deal with the discrepancy than pay the price for the Diablo just to change my tire size to keep the speedo working right for track use.
    Yes BUT almost everyone that has performance mods on their LX based car has a Predator already (including myself). It's the only way to tune them right now that's worth a crap, once HPTuners comes out it will allow a local Guru to tune my FI setup. There are shops locally who have the Diablo CMR software which has the same capabilities as HP Tuners however I don't trust anyone who has the software locally to tune my car.

The key is for people (probably 30+ local guys in Phx) that have the Diablo already that want a precise dyno tune but also want to be able to make small changes later w/o breaking their HPTuners tune.

Tuner
    You could always get HPT for yourself and learn how to use it.

Tuner in Training
    You could always get HPT for yourself and learn how to use it.
    I will, that's not the reason for the question, it's for the people nationwide who have bought their Predators already or for the local 30+ guys with strokers/nitrous/FI that have their Predators as well and may not want to learn the HPT software.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpert View Post
    I will, that's not the reason for the question, it's for the people nationwide who have bought their Predators already or for the local 30+ guys with strokers/nitrous/FI that have their Predators as well and may not want to learn the HPT software.

The Chipmaster Revolution (CMR) software will be available soon for each individual also. Diablosport is working on that right now but like HPT has not been able to give a release date. It will be locket to a Predator to prevent multiple copies for miltiple cars. You should go to LXForums and ask around for a reputable tuner in your area. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. I drove to the SF Bay area to get my tune based on what a tuner did for one of the forum members.

I'm not sure about adjusting parimeters from a HPT tune but why would you trust someone with a HPT software but not a CMR tuner? Most good shops will have both types of software and both do the same thing. I didn't wait for HPT software because I had too many mods to my SRT8 to wait anymore and didn't want to damage my engine running it too lean. You're going to have just as many tuners using the HPT software as the CMR that can'y be trusted. You do make a good point about changing certain parameters after a tune from another manufacturer though.

I like having the custom tunes in my Predator so that I can change them if necessary but that's only my preference . . .
    06 Charger SRT8

Tuner in Training
    In Phoenix the best tuner around is an HPT guy, I wish we had a good tuner for the LX based cars here in Phoenix but we don't. Luckily we have NicD who is an awesome tuner and has intimate knowledge of the HPT software. If I lived in a town with a good CMR tuner I would use them but that's not an option currently.