Thread: Shifts stack Issue's with forced induction. 2007 Mustang Gt Auto

Tuner in Training

Shifts stack Issue's with forced induction. 2007 Mustang Gt Auto

Hi My vehicle is a 2007 Mustang GT with Vortech supercharger standard kit, Auto Trans, only mods are 3.73 Gears and supercharger, ever since I installed the super charger my car has been shifting kind of strange, not very smooth, but also 1st to 2nd shift at Wot is normal, but then 2nd to 3rd is extremely quick, almost stacked right on top of one another, so at the track the car Kind of bogs between these areas because the shift is to soon, Now I have tuned f-bodys before and I know that with a 1998 Z28 Camaro Auto, with a real low ASA Cam like 110, the map sensor cancels out the MAF or vice versa, and so the trans stacks the shifts as well do to the lack of vacuum, and the transmission behaves the exact same way, because engine load is Determined by the map, and the trans just doesn't shift right, well same issue kind off with this 07 Mustang GT. So my question is with a Forced induction Mustang with automatic Transmission is there any special parameters that should be disabled or, any numbers that need to be increased or any settings that should be altered given the setup, because the MPH is really hurting do to this shift problem., Thanks
    Last edited by 2007VortechGT; 12-15-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I'm sure someone has ran into this. Not a real common problem I'm sure. LOL

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever go back into your auto trans section and re evaluate the shift MPH for your gearing? Or did you just change the gear ratio in the Speed table?

You should go back and recalculate the shift MPH. This can be done mathematically to start, then adjust to your liking to fine tune.

Mathematically: 3.32/3.73 = 0.89 so multiply the shift MPH by 0.89 if you haven't already. The RPM limit should stay the same, but the MPH reference is more important. Your car is going to shift based on MPH as long as that is within the given RPM range.

This may not be the answer you are looking for, maybe you have other related issues, but this makes sense to me.

Other than that please refer to this post to make sure that you have enabled full sensor range on your car to prevent leaning out and such: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19389 Pretty much the basics taken out of the SCT training manual.
    Last edited by PSYKOSTEVO; 12-23-2008 at 11:33 AM.