Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 147

Thread: GM LNF Stage Kit PCM Read

  1. #41
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    503
    I got a copy of this gm tune and it looks funky at best.
    There's more changes to the maf tables than there is to the desired air load table, it seems almost useless to any of us.

  2. #42
    Advanced Tuner 405HP_Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    I got a copy of this gm tune and it looks funky at best.
    There's more changes to the maf tables than there is to the desired air load table, it seems almost useless to any of us.
    Agree, we obviously don't have access to many, many tables and parameters in the PCM. The DAL table is hardly touched.

    HPTuners, can we get access to the tables in play here?
    Aaron

    '03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

  3. #43
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Posts
    622
    Well does this tune take a shit over 23psi or does it play ball?
    Me love boost long time.

  4. #44
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46
    I did a compare of a stock 2008 HHR SS file and GM Stage 1 file and the first thing I noticed is that The HPT software is only looking at 69 of 114 parameters. Of the 69 it looks at there are only 15 differences with 54 similarities.

    I'm guessing there are a lot more than 15 parameters that have changed.

    I wonder if the 2 sensors and harness are available without buying the entire kit.

  5. #45
    Advanced Tuner 405HP_Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by rommer View Post
    I did a compare of a stock 2008 HHR SS file and GM Stage 1 file and the first thing I noticed is that The HPT software is only looking at 69 of 114 parameters. Of the 69 it looks at there are only 15 differences with 54 similarities.

    I'm guessing there are a lot more than 15 parameters that have changed.

    I wonder if the 2 sensors and harness are available without buying the entire kit.
    Sensors and harness are available separately but they won't do you any good without the reflash. The reason we see so few changes is because we don't currently have access to some of the other key tables and parameters.

    There are some other fuel and boost control code that GM used to gain HP/TQ.

    Up till now, we have all been modifying air load parameters to increase boost and GM barely touched these tables to get 20 lbs. Hmmmmm, are we missing tables?

    I'm hoping we will see some additional tables/parameters soon but I'm not holding my breath.

    It seems HPT did a good amount of work on the LNF and then moved on to other more equitable platforms.
    Aaron

    '03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

  6. #46
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46
    Can't I take the GM Stage file I got from someone that purchased the GM tune, add the new sensors to my car and flash with the tune file? Will the HPT software update everything even though it doesn't open those tables to us?

  7. #47
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Posts
    622
    It's still unknown if they get into the BCM and modify anything.
    Me love boost long time.

  8. #48
    Advanced Tuner 405HP_Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by rommer View Post
    Can't I take the GM Stage file I got from someone that purchased the GM tune, add the new sensors to my car and flash with the tune file? Will the HPT software update everything even though it doesn't open those tables to us?
    I don't know if this will work or not, someone from HPT would need to speak up here.
    Aaron

    '03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06 View Post
    I don't know if this will work or not, someone from HPT would need to speak up here.
    Have you thought about trying with your kit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    It's still unknown if they get into the BCM and modify anything.
    Has anyone gone over 255kpa yet?

  10. #50
    Advanced Tuner 405HP_Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0stb1t3 View Post
    Have you thought about trying with your kit?
    I don't have an HHR SS A4 GM stage .tun file, I've only seen the HHR SS M5 .tun file. I would hate to toast a PCM trying it.
    Aaron

    '03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

  11. #51
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by rommer View Post
    I did a compare of a stock 2008 HHR SS file and GM Stage 1 file and the first thing I noticed is that The HPT software is only looking at 69 of 114 parameters. Of the 69 it looks at there are only 15 differences with 54 similarities.

    I'm guessing there are a lot more than 15 parameters that have changed.

    I wonder if the 2 sensors and harness are available without buying the entire kit.
    Well they wouldn't have to change everything in there just to do the upgrades. Previosu stage kits had less changes than that on LSJs.

  12. #52
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Macomb Township, MI
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    It's still unknown if they get into the BCM and modify anything.
    I'm 99.99% sure the BCM is still stock, if you are referring to the no lift shift I'm sure the CPP data is passed just like normal, nothing new there
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

  13. #53
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46
    GM claims to have disabled the learn down code in this Stage tune. Would be nice to try and see if we can do that to the standard tune as well.

  14. #54
    Senior Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,095
    the changes are in the ecm itself. not the bcm. what people are failing to see is. we. the hpt users, do not have access to the tables that gm changed.

    the lsj suffered the same problem

  15. #55
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46
    I understand we don't have access but does that mean when you do a flash or read it is not reading/flashing the entire code base?

    Or is the HPT software only reading parts of the ECM? The file compare function seems to indicate that it reads everything but we only can change parts.

  16. #56
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    503
    Hopefully Chris can chime in and clear up some stuff here.

  17. #57
    Senior Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by rommer View Post
    I understand we don't have access but does that mean when you do a flash or read it is not reading/flashing the entire code base?

    Or is the HPT software only reading parts of the ECM? The file compare function seems to indicate that it reads everything but we only can change parts.
    i'll put it like this. there is over 600 fuel tables alone. we have access to what? 12 tables total?

  18. #58
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Posts
    622
    Has chris or Bill had a look at the new flash?
    Perhaps it could help point where the issue is? Or help unfold new tables?

    I dotn want 600 tables to look thru. I just want the ones that encompass the WOT type modes.
    Me love boost long time.

  19. #59
    Tuner in Training davytudope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16
    heres some logs of stage 2 on stock car
    2007 solstice gxp:gmpp; turbo upgrade, cai, PAW; intercooler, pipes, z0k; rear sway bar, rear brace. magnaflow, 18x9 ultraleggeras, 275 kumho xs, brake pads, kw v3's w/6k springs, energy suspension bushings, hp tuners, solo high flow cat
    TEAM FAIL RACING

  20. #60
    Tuner in Training davytudope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16
    heres some logs of a tuned stage 2 on stock car
    2007 solstice gxp:gmpp; turbo upgrade, cai, PAW; intercooler, pipes, z0k; rear sway bar, rear brace. magnaflow, 18x9 ultraleggeras, 275 kumho xs, brake pads, kw v3's w/6k springs, energy suspension bushings, hp tuners, solo high flow cat
    TEAM FAIL RACING