Thread: why am I redlining? Help

Exclamation why am I redlining? Help

Ok...I can't figure out why I am not shifting at 5700rpms where I want it to...instead the trans is going to 5850rpm and bouncing off the limiter... why?

I know two conditions must be met in order for it to shift...both those conditions are present...why is it not going...

here is both my tune and my log...someone help me out please...

Attachment 15964

Attachment 15965
    2002 LS1 Camaro - (12.9@104mph) 3.73 gears/3600 stall/corsa exhaust/tuned/Ford 8.8 rear end
    1996 3800 camaro-- (13.4@100mph) Heads/Cam/Geared/Stalled/Ford 8.8 rear end
    2008 Chevy Colorado - Daily Driver / Off-Road
    Camarov6.com | Project Cars | 5th Gen Camaro Specs | How-to Guides

Tuner in Training
    your fuel cut off is 5950 in gear. I would bump that up!

nothing like going lean at WOT.

you have your spark limiter at 7,000 so its not a "rev limiter" its your fuel cutting off.

you can see it by going into "engine" , Fuel control, fuel cut off.

oh shit....thats not good....So if I bumped the fuel cut off to like 7000rpm...and brought the spark limiter down to 7,000...that would be my rev limiter?...would I still be bouncing off of it? or is it just cutting fuel early (since the scans show 5850, but the fuel cut it at 5950) maybe that is why I get the bog, the car is preparing to cut fuel and she just stuters and pulls the nose down hard...
    2002 LS1 Camaro - (12.9@104mph) 3.73 gears/3600 stall/corsa exhaust/tuned/Ford 8.8 rear end

Tuner in Training
    my car the shift point is 5850. well I hit nearly 6200 by the time 2nd gear kicks in. So even though your shift point is right on, the engine is still revving higher before the entire shift is over.

you can put your fuel cut off even to 6500 should be fine. I just watched my scans, and made sure my spark limit was 100 rpm above my max RPM after the shift occurred, that way if something happened (spun the tires, etc) it would still protect the motor from over revving, but it still allows my shift point to be where I want it.

You should add "trans current gear" to your scan, it wil help you see what I am talking about.

Tuner in Training
    also you have your "part throttle shift point" set at 36 for 94 and 100% TPS.

but then you have your WOT shift point at 33 (3 mph LESS than the part throttle shift setting)

so you should adjust that too.

do you have perfrmance shift in your car? ( A button to shift from normal to performance??)

Tuner in Training
    by the way, I have a grand prix, not a camaro so I am not suggesting any shift points, or rev limits set to what my limits are....

just giving you an example of what happens in my car.

no performance mode in my car...I change those tables anyways though, just to keep everything consistent, and take out any possible variables...

It was shifting fine before....the only thing I adjusted in the tune I had flashed in was where it downshifted, I upped the km/h for upshifts slightly, force motor current, and I upped the line pressure to 96 psi, and changed that pressure table...

so what is the real rev limiter? spark cutoff?

Thanks so far....

Tuner in Training
    yea the spark limiter would be the one to use as a "rev limter" . If you look at aftermarket ignitions (like msd) they have a dial to set the rpm limit.

Also, since you do not have performance shift, adjusting the performance shift tables will not do anything.

in my car there is a button to switch between normal and performance. that is what the table is for. if you do not have that button, your computer will never even look at that table.

another thinkg that may help guide you along, is to look at the tune repository (found on the home page of HPT.) make sure you look at only the v6 model camaro, and preferably the same year.

sometimes people post up a tune that they modified, so you could at least compare them.

but like I said earlier, change your "part throttle shift" max speed to the same as the WOT shift speed. That alone might make the shift happen.

I would definitely raise the fuel cut off, but no need to change things to 7,000. since you will NEVER see that rpm. I mean, it won't hurt anything to set it there, but its not necessary.

I can't comment much on the shift points, or other trans settings you made, since we have different transmissions.

hope that helps.