Thread: buying used hp tuners help anyone!!!

Tuner in Training

buying used hp tuners help anyone!!!

ok guys buying a used serial interface and am seeing that im going to need to upgrade before sep. 2009 which i have no problem doing but my main questions are
    1.this is used what all do i need to do to transfer this to me?
    2.how much does it cost since this style doesnt buy credits to tune speed density?
    3.when i upgrade do i have to rebuy credits to tune all over agian?
    4.the unit im looking at the cord that plugs into the comp is a female style cord with maybe 20 or 30 pins that hook in this is the units getting the upgrade correct?
    5. my computer has windows vista anyone had any problems using hp tuners with vista?

any help is greatly appreciated!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. original purchaser can transfer everything to your name via the customer login page at www.hptuners.com or if you no longer have contact with them you can contact support & we can do the same.
    2. how much does what cost exactly?
    3. all of your current licenses transfer over to your new interface so you shouldn't need to license anything again.
    4. yes, all cables & the interface itself get upgraded to a usb style interface
    5. 64 bit can be quirky but I'm using vista on all 3 of my pc's here without issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    2. how much does what cost exactly?

issue.
    the guy was tuning a 01 camaro ss mine is a 00 camaro z28 he said i may need to pay to tune the car which i understand but the usb uses a credit system which i was told this doesnt use that style... my car will be a nitrous cam 347 and im wanting to go speed density with the credits system you have to purchase more credits to do that how do you go about doing it with the serial interface style thanks for all the help so far

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah, serial interface license prices are on your customer page, I believe they are still $199 for the year/model for each of the first 4, then $399 after 4.

USB interfaces can do single vcm licenses for just $100 each.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    yeah, serial interface license prices are on your customer page, I believe they are still $199 for the year/model for each of the first 4, then $399 after 4.

USB interfaces can do single vcm licenses for just $100 each.
    so let me great this right 199 to do speed density ill only be using this for my car and it will never exceade 4 and when i upgrade i wont have to pay for any credits to rutune if so great thanks for all the informative help so quick!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    $199 unlocks just the year/model for the STOCK operating system, custom operating systems are additional, but the stock operating system can handle SD without issue though.

Tuner in Training
    i dont think it will save me any money if thats the case due to paying 300 for the used kit then another 199 to tune my car then to spend another 199 to upgrade to the new version might as well just buy a brand new one?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro View Post
    i dont think it will save me any money if thats the case due to paying 300 for the used kit then another 199 to tune my car then to spend another 199 to upgrade to the new version might as well just buy a brand new one?
    for $499 you get 8 credits and everything you need to tune except the laptop and a wideband , cars like yours are 2 credits so you would have 6 credits left to tune friends or anyone willing to pay you for credits to tune their car
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah its close to being a wash if you purchase an interface that didn't already have support for a vehicle you need.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help i think im going to do it got him talked down to 200 so id save around 100 all together plus get line lock and a guage thanks for the speedy help ill be back with more questions im sure once i get to tuning!

Senior Tuner
    You are going to lose all support for that cable in 9 months including repair if it has a problem. Then you are going to have to spend more to upgrade it to the USB version.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

Bill,
    I sold my old interface which was set up for all Y2K C5s. The purchaser is on here, and he's having a problem making the interface work. How can I help. I dont recall my log in information and I send him my orginial key code when I purchased the interface, but we still cant get it operational