Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPT 2.5bar OS compatibility

Advanced Tuner

HPT 2.5bar OS compatibility

Well let me make this brief.

I got a 2.5bar OS from a 2007 C6 Z06, and want to use it on my 2008 C6 Z06. Will it work?

if not,

what do I need to make it work, and how many credits would I be charged for this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    To my knowledge you should not write an older operating system to a newer pcm. Even interchangeability between years on the newer E40/E38/E67 pcm's is questionable as we've seen some incompatibilities come from even switching OS's on the same year pcm if the bootloaders aren't compatible.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    To my knowledge you should not write an older operating system to a newer pcm. Even interchangeability between years on the newer E40/E38/E67 pcm's is questionable as we've seen some incompatibilities come from even switching OS's on the same year pcm if the bootloaders aren't compatible.
    Bill, you have to speak simple english with me

Well, ill give it a shot, and if I got any problems ill revert to my old tune, I just wanted to make sure the tune will load, and ill be a little optimistic about this one.

Finally, how many credits to load that 2.5bar SD tune?

Otherwise, id need my file upgraded to that beta test 2.5bar OS, but im guessing thats gonna take so much time, IF that beta test is still going on. Worst case scenario, what are my options at a 2.5bar SD tune for my 08 Z06.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by ayousef; 01-07-2009 at 03:14 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    6 minimum to license the original 07 file+custom OS+license the 08 pcm you are writing to.

WARNING! flashing a file never intended for a specific pcm can result in a dead pcm ie non recoverable

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    6 minimum to license the original 07 file+custom OS+license the 08 pcm you are writing to.

WARNING! flashing a file never intended for a specific pcm can result in a dead pcm ie non recoverable
    Bill, the file was already liscensed on the previous vehicle.

But do I need to edit and input my VIN in the calibration details to be able to do so?

So, I am assuming ill need 4 credits now?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    An 08 vin will not be compatible with an 07 file and yes if you already licensed the stock os then it would just be 4 credits to license the custom os & the 08 pcm.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

Thanks for all the support, I am kind of leaning into getting my stock file upgraded to 2.5bar by you guys and doing the changes on that particular file, should cure all my issues/doubts etc...

However, wondering if there is an EXPRESS way of getting that done. I know my tuner already sent my file requesting an upgrade, glad if you guys can do something about it.

Thanks alot!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    Bill,

Thanks for all the support, I am kind of leaning into getting my stock file upgraded to 2.5bar by you guys and doing the changes on that particular file, should cure all my issues/doubts etc...

However, wondering if there is an EXPRESS way of getting that done. I know my tuner already sent my file requesting an upgrade, glad if you guys can do something about it.

Thanks alot!
    Hoping to get a response on my previous concern (quoted)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Rounding out the 50 or so E38 custom operating systems is on our to do list and everyone thats emailed us has been put on the list of testers for when it becomes available for their application.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

Okay last question:

First you said the 07 file can work on the 08PCM, but nothing is warranted and might coz unrecoverable damage.

Then you said an 08VIN wont work on an 07 file.

How can I flash my 08PCM with the 07 file then, because this is what ill end up doing.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill,

Okay last question:

First you said the 07 file can work on the 08PCM, but nothing is warranted and might coz unrecoverable damage.
    No, what I said was "To my knowledge you should not write an older operating system to a newer pcm."

Then you said an 08VIN wont work on an 07 file.
    Correct

How can I flash my 08PCM with the 07 file then, because this is what ill end up doing.
    Write entire to change operating systems, but you would loose the 08 vin.

Advanced Tuner
    No problems, if it damages the ECU ill buy a new one lol.

And, to hell with that 08 VIN, I can always get it back later (if i decided to revert), we got that Tech II handy

Thanks, appreciate the clarifications.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

I did the "write entire" on the 07 2.5bar file to my 08PCM, and it swallowed 8 credits and was still asking for more.

Anyways, the file went through, then just to double check what I did was try to read the file on my PCM to see if it was it. I read the entire file, and saved it. HOWEVER, when I open the file it says "VIN/OS mismatch, PCM flashing has been disabled, please contact HPTuners etc...)

I opened the calibration details and found MY 08 VIN there, weird.

It did not overwrite the VIN, and if it did, anti-theft would kick in and cause an even bigger problem.

What do you suggest I do? I already lost $400 worth of credits, and I hope you could help me out.

The best solution is if you could upgrade my current 08 file (attached) to the 2.5bar OS, I know ill have to pay the $400 all over again, but I want someting that works.

Mohamad.
    Last edited by ayousef; 01-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Contact support with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question along with the .hpt file you wrote to the pcm and I'll take a look.

And the vin/os pair error is normal when trying to reread the pcm since the vin needs to go through the actual vin change procedure to take, doing a pcm write doesn't actually change the vin number in the pcm.

Advanced Tuner
    So, do you think my car would run (start) this way? Didnt give it a try yet, do you think its fine if I did?

We got a TechII handy, and as far as I know, we can change flash my 08PCM VIN to the same one on the 07 file (which im trying to upload).

What do you recommend, other than sending the log?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Lets start with the information requested, then I'll give you recommendations.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, tried to get u the log, but the internet connection there in the shop was messed up :S

We ended up changing the VINs to a 2007 VIN, and we went through so many problems you can't imagine. Anti theft to begin with, then the fact that the key fob isnt calibrated to work with this VIN, then found out you can't program the key to work, have to buy a new one and ATTEMPT to make it work.

The easiest way out of this is if you guys actually spend a few minutes upgrading my standard 2008 file to the beta test 2.5bar OS, that would solve ALL my problems, although i have to buy the credits all over again which I dont mind, I just need this thing running!

Ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    The easiest way out of this is if you guys actually spend a few minutes upgrading my standard 2008 file to the beta test 2.5bar OS, that would solve ALL my problems, although i have to buy the credits all over again which I dont mind, I just need this thing running!
    If it only took a few minutes we would.

Advanced Tuner
    ok.....

i want to do the same but i have 06. the part # for the pcm is the same for the 06 and 07. i can get a new pcm for little money and flash 07 vin in it. issues though according to the above posts are that the fob wont work....

what to do?
    [IMG][/IMG]

i just completed 2bar for OS's 12612281, 12617631 & 12628990. Should be in beta next week.

If yours is not one of those let me know.
    I count sheep in hex...