Thread: fuel cut type problem

Potential Tuner

fuel cut type problem

I am trying to start an LY6 6.0/6l90. It is a takeout from an 08 silverado. It's a standalone setup using stock ecm and harness. This is going in an older car, no bcm with aftermarket fuel pump and fuse block.

The engine won't start. Fuel cut off type pid shows "starter". I have disabled vats and the starter diagnostics, but the problem remains. Is there something I missed?

Thanks,
    Tom

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try logging the VATS status bit in the scanner. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the .hpt file that would suggest a vats issue on the pcm side.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I don't see a vats entry in the "status bit display/insert status bit pids" window or in the "Table display/insert pids" window. How do I log the VATS status bit in the scanner?

please email the file to support. The issue is on some newer years the starter requires an OS patch to bypass. I have done it for a few OS's but maybe not yours.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Hello I have the same issue with an E38 runing an LY2 v8 from an Silverado 2008 AT, the engine don?t start an the fuel cut type is : STARTED I apply vats path and disable diagnostics check ...
    What to do ?
    Last edited by jquequezana; 11-16-2018 at 04:46 PM.