Thread: Performance Shift

Tuner in Training

Performance Shift

I have a 05 Chevy Colorado automatic. I am wondering if anybody knows how to get it to go into the performance shift mode? It has all the tables in the PCM just doesn't have the button to engage it. Any help would be appreciated on which pins to hook up to a switch to get it there.
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mailman View Post
    I have a 05 Chevy Colorado automatic. I am wondering if anybody knows how to get it to go into the performance shift mode? It has all the tables in the PCM just doesn't have the button to engage it. Any help would be appreciated on which pins to hook up to a switch to get it there.
    Thank You
    Did you ever get any feedback on this one
    2007 Isuzu I370 I5
    18in V-tech Offroad wrap w/Nitto 32/10.5/18s
    Flowmaster 40, gutted cat
    TB spacer
    Drop in K&N filter

Tuner in Training
    nope, none at all.
    but thanks for asking.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I've seen this answered on ls1tech.com.....

Potential Tuner

colorado performance shift

Hi, I have a 2005 gmc canyon, same thing.. I just took the performance shift spec's and copy pasted to the normal shift table in the HP tuning software transmission shift screen, you can click on the upper left box -- | 7 | 7 | 8 |
    | 8 | 8 | 9 |

just a sample above! anyways just click upper left box were i put the -- it's actually one of the grey blank boxes u wouldn't think you could click on,, all of the #'s for that screen should be highlighted now! Now just hold Ctrl on keyboard and C,, you just copied entire performance tune, now open up the normal shift screen and click the furthest upper left grey box on screen again everything should highlight now push Ctrl and V to paste the performance tune. Now your truck will be in performance shift mode. hope that helps or even makes sense.. it worked great for me!

Tuner in Training
    I was aware of that method, but what I was trying to accomplish. Was to have it like the full size trucks and be able to switch from one to the other with the push of a button. And not have to reprogram for each one.

That's going to take some extra wiring, a good wiring/pin schematic for the pcm and related components, the column shift from a FS, etc, and I thought that the pcms are different than ours anyway, so it may be a no go.

If you can do it though, that would be a really kick ass mod to say the least!
    Hawk

I would also be very interested but not sure we could come up with the schematics???? Wonder if Scott on the other sites would know?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner in Training

Other Sites?

Please list other sites...
    Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    I would also be very interested but not sure we could come up with the schematics???? Wonder if Scott on the other sites would know?