Thread: Where the heck have I been?!?!

Where the heck have I been?!?!

Well, business took off so good I had to buy a new shop (beats renting - twice the space at the same cost!), and a new (very old) house. So I have been playing Bob Vila and replacing plumbing, carpet, some electrical, tile etc. The shop is about halfway built and is a full-on retail PC sales and service shop. We still do network security as our backbone, but I can beat any local retail shop by a good 20% so I thought.. why not?

So the 21st is the opening date for the new shop, and after a few weeks of getting settled and finding lost goodies I'll be back to answering the OBDI, electronic and basic questions.

This has been a very hectic 6 months.. thanks for your patience and be sure to drop by for the housewarming and open shop parties. Pizza and beer will surely be lurking around waiting to be consumed....
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: Where the heck have I been?!?!

Where is your shop?

Oh, and Congradulations on getting your own place. Good Luck.

2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Its new location is:

BNS
    308 S. Daniel st
    LeRoy, Il 61752
    (309)962-2329

The shop is in the lot next to the house.. can you get any more convenient?
    If everything works out right there will be a BNS sponsored sprint car in the front of the shop.. otherwise it will just be the #1 UMP car with the old sponsorship. Business Network Solutions will remain very active in the local racing community no matter what..

Get off your asphalt - Dirts for racin'!
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Advanced Tuner

It's about damn time you showed up! lol

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I was wondering what happened to you. I see your posts all over the place in some of the older threads but that was before I registered for the board. Congrats on the new-to-you house and the new shop .

-Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

I'm just hoping things slow down a bit soon.. I'm getting wore out. Today the display cases go in so hopefully I'll have the office part set up pretty quick - then I have to hook up all my PC's and figure out what I have stored on which one. As the nodes on my Beowulf cluster died, I just moved data to whatever was still running.

I'll post some pics of the renovations later.. here's the house though

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0ofp6/house.htm

Advanced Tuner

Holy crap! Transplant that house to California and it'd be worth anywhere from $200k to $1mil + depending on location. Nice steal! I need to get out of Cali!
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Holy crap! Transplant that house to California and it'd be worth anywhere from $200k to $1mil + depending on location. Nice steal! I need to get out of Cali!

Same here, Ca sucks sometimes.

I can't believe you got all that for 65K, nice.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:

yea.. I moved here from Cali.. thats why I'm in shock from what we paid. Also in Cali I paid $2000/mo for a 1200 sq/ft shop.. plus a ton of business-related taxes. Here I have 1000 sq/ft for $343/mo and I own it. All I have to pay are state sales (ROT) taxes on my retail part.

And as usual.. my display cases weren't installed today - but I now have everything within a few thousand feet wired for cat 5. Phones and PC's are now ready to be hooked up.. as soon as I have a place to hook them up to!
    I need the carpet guys and the display cases so I can install the workbenches and the wiring rack.

On the bright side I did find my burner and some disks with software today. I also found 2 PC's I didn't know I had.. lovely 486-100's that may soon become routers

lovely 486-100's
    Holy crap, that was so 1992 for me. LOL, those were the days. I remember playing Flight Simulator 1.0 and the Monkey Bannana game in q-basic. Dude, don't do that again, got scared there for a second about what I though use to be "cool". Dammit, now I feel old and I'm only 20. That sucks.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a: