Thread: BCM flash?

BCM flash?

I realize HPT cannot do this, but not sure where else to post.

Anyone know what needs to be done to flash a BCM to do away with tire pressure sensors? I figure a tech ii could do it or something along those lines. This would be for a 99.

Tuner in Training
    actually the tps system controls are actually stored in the driver's door module.

ok. any ideas? i've heard that since it wasn't an RPO til the 01 zo6 came along, we may be S O L.

Find someone with a tech II to deactivate them for you. GM dealers, busy Corvette/F-body shops usually have one.

2003 Corvette w/ A4
    Engine Mods: Callaway Honker, Z06 MAF, 180 T-stat, 243's mildly ported and cut .020 (Approx. 10.75/1 compression w/stock GM gasket),
    222/224 566/568 112+2 Comp Cam, Comp 918's, American Racing 1 and 7/8" LT's w/ 3" X-pipe

Trans. Mods: TransGo shift kit (waste of money since I now have HPTuners w/ NGK AFX Wideband!) , stock TC
    Getrag 3.42's
    Suspension Mods: All Z06 Components, OEM Z16 Wheels w/PS2's

right, i got that part. but i need to know what codes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcleansmirc View Post
    actually the tps system controls are actually stored in the driver's door module.
    2000-2004 Corvettes equipped with the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system, are controlled by the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) Module, or the Remote Function Actuation (RFA) system...and I can't think of any method to disable it.
    Last edited by Programmer; 01-23-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

this is on a 1999

Quote Originally Posted by bseitz View Post
    Find someone with a tech II to deactivate them for you. GM dealers, busy Corvette/F-body shops usually have one.
    Will a Tech II be able to access the BCM to disable the security system?

And, I doubt any dealer will disable anything for you
    since it's there job to sell you new parts.

You can't dissable them beacuse of Firestones' tires issues on Fords some years ago: they're mandatory.

You can learn to monitor and take care of them properly:

http://www.otctpms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    Will a Tech II be able to access the BCM to disable the security system?
    I can't say.
    All I do know is I have had friends with Z06's, which come from GM without the TPM's activated, go ahead and have them activated after installing 4 sensors.
    Why GM didn't include sensors in Z's is crazy since they come from the factory with non-runflats and a tiny but expensive tire repair kit.

2003 Corvette w/ A4
    Engine Mods: Callaway Honker, Z06 MAF, 180 T-stat, 243's mildly ported and cut .020 (Approx. 10.75/1 compression w/stock GM gasket),
    222/224 566/568 112+2 Comp Cam, Comp 918's, American Racing 1 and 7/8" LT's w/ 3" X-pipe

Trans. Mods: TransGo shift kit (waste of money since I now have HPTuners w/ NGK AFX Wideband!) , stock TC
    Getrag 3.42's
    Suspension Mods: All Z06 Components, OEM Z16 Wheels w/PS2's

why you want to disable it? why not relearn it?........you can disable it from bcm but from 2001 onwards, not 99

Quote Originally Posted by vette_doc View Post
    why you want to disable it? why not relearn it?........you can disable it from bcm but from 2001 onwards, not 99
    Well, I described what my truck was doing to a service writer at a GM
    dealer and he claims that it sounds like I have a bad sensor in my ignition
    switch...think he was trying to sell me some parts and labor for commission?

I'll look for the "relink" feature in the software and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    I'll look for the "relink" feature in the software and see if that works.
    Can't find it...

Found this at
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...t-relearn.html

Is this the proper procedure to relearn?

I'm pretty sure mine has the "Passlock" version because my key does not have anything embeded in it.
    And, I guess in order to do this I need to enable the VATS in the security section using HT Tuners sofware.
    (I currently have it set to "None")

PASSLOCK

The Passlock system is designed to prevent vehicle operation if the key is not used to start the vehicle. The key, which does not contain a resistor will turn the Passlock lock cylinder. The Passlock lock cylinder will relay a resistance code to the instrument panel cluster (IPC). It does this by rotating a magnet past a stationary hall effect sensor, creating a resistance code. At this point the IPC will determine if the resistance code is correct and within an acceptable time frame. If the code is correct, the IPC will send a coded password to the powertrain control module (PCM). If the PCM receives the correct password, it will allow the fuel injectors to operate normally and the vehicle will start and run normally. If the correct resistance code from the lock cylinder is not received within the acceptable time frame, the vehicle will go into a short tamper mode during which the theft deterrent system will not allow the vehicle to operate for approximately 4 seconds. When this occurs, the security indicator will flash. After three consecutive failed tries, the system will enter into a long tamper mode. In this mode, the fuel injectors will be disabled for approximately 10 minutes, and the security indicator will be flashing. Please note that in any of the tamper modes, the vehicle may start, but it will quickly stall.

The Passlock system is designed to prevent vehicle theft even if any of the theft deterrent parts are replaced. Passlock eliminates the need for the key mounted resistor. Parts that can no longer be replaced without the possibility of the system going into a tamper mode and prevent starting are: the lock cylinder, the instrument panel cluster (IPC), and the powertrain control module (PCM).

In order to initiate the relearn:

1. Hook up your scan tool to erase any of the passlock/vehicle theft deterrent trouble codes. If there are any other codes, note them before you erase them, so you may address them after the relearn has been completed.

2. With the ignition key in the “On” position from the code-clearing step, attempt to start the vehicle. At this point, if the vehicle starts, and the security light has not illuminated, a relearn is not necessary, and you’re done. If the vehicle starts and stalls, leave the key in the “Run” position and wait for the “Security” light to turn off. This will take approximately 10 minutes. At any time during this relearn, the light may flash or be on steady.

If the ignition switch is turned off at any time during this relearn cycle that the security light is illuminated, the entire cycle must be restarted from the beginning. For most cars, one cycle will be sufficient for the relearn. If the vehicle will not start after the first cycle, then continue the process from step #3 to the end. Most trucks will require that you continue from step #3 to the end.

3. When the light turns off, turn the ignition switch to the “Off” position for approximately ten seconds.

4. Next, repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times for a total of three cycles. After the third time, the new code will be relearned on the next start attempt when the ignition switch is rotated from the “Off” position.

5. From the “Off” position, start the vehicle, observing the security light. If the vehicle starts and runs normally, and the security light is off, the relearn is complete. If the vehicle does not start, check for trouble codes before proceeding further.
    Last edited by Rockrz; 02-18-2009 at 10:50 PM.