Thread: tcc slip

Advanced Tuner

tcc slip

I'm not sure what the problem is but in drive and 3 the tranny doesn't hook up well, I think this is what y'all refer to as lock up? Could y'all look at my file and let me know whats going on and how to fix it? I don't know what happened, I was just driving when all this started.

TKS...
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)

Advanced Tuner
    I brought the tranny down to the tranny shop and as usual bad news. It was a mess, He said that the input planitary was damaged from a failed thrust washer, pump damaged from metal shavings, forward clutch snap ring was rubbing on the 3-4 apply leg the 3-4 accumulator is missing the piston and spring, 2-4 servo 4th apply piston is in backwards and the seal cut. That with all the metal shavings my converter is contaminated and with that contamination I have to replace my radiator cause that shit went through the cooler. Its about 6 months past the 1 year warranty and has about 10000 kms on it. I hope the owner of the tranny shop does something about this as my guy said that this was caused buy a bad build and it looks like there was no lock up. I did call him when it went in about not having a full 4th gear, my rpms were about 400 - 800 higher than normal. I think he said it was the pnp switch causing the problem so I replaces it and still no change so I left it as is.
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)