Thread: '07 Z06 vortech sc injectors

'07 Z06 vortech sc injectors

I may have to tune one of these beautys.

I don't the car at hand but wanted to be prepared, the Vortech manual talks about some 66lbs short injectors, when I initially looked at the car they were black EV6 similar to the SD 60#s.

Can someone confirm which injectors are they? and if someone has injector data for them I'll really appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by lito View Post
    I may have to tune one of these beautys.

I don't the car at hand but wanted to be prepared, the Vortech manual talks about some 66lbs short injectors, when I initially looked at the car they were black EV6 similar to the SD 60#s.

Can someone confirm which injectors are they? and if someone has injector data for them I'll really appreciate.
    I believe you will need the shorty injectors. We had to do a set of these on a twin turbo G8
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno View Post
    I believe you will need the shorty injectors. We had to do a set of these on a twin turbo G8
    They are already installed, they come with the kit, I just wanted to know if someone already knew which ones are they.

Advanced Tuner
    the ones that came with my kit were 60s but that was 2 years ago.

2006 Z06.

Tuner
    You could contact Vortech directly, assuming this is one of their kits, they should know.

Senior Tuner
    Why don't you get the #s off of them and post them here. I will tell you, however, if they have SD or Siemens Deka written on them, then they are 60s, which actually flow 72.x on a GM (58 psi, 4-bar).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

The The 07/08 Z06 come with 42# marine injectors. The Vortech kit comes with 66# EV6 style.
    Last edited by Blown; 02-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown View Post
    The The 07/08 Z06 come with 42# marine injectors. The Vortech kit comes with 66# EV6 style.
    Ummm no, the '06-'09 Z06 and '08-'09 LS3 have regular 42# injectors at 4-bar. They are not some special "marine" injector. The Vortech kit, I'm fairly positive, comes with the Siemens Deka 60# injector (at 39.x psi), which is actually approx. 73# at 4-bar.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)