Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    ^oh dear
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training

Question

Hi All,

My load values are lower than the calculated LOAD, which I thought should mean the ECU would have to pull fuel.
    It isn't.

I have a wideband installed and it always go lean, when i open the throttle (small amounts), then trims back to stoich.

In this log, lower fuel trim numbers is adding fuel.
    The long term fuel trim is off (zero).

Why does it need to trim (add) so much fuel in this log?

Any help appreciated.

Oh dear my chocolate frog luke
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I have spent the last couple of weeks putting together a spreadsheet that reflects the information that Paul has posted on his Injector Dynamics website. Paul states that the slope units are in inhg, but the figures 20,000+ don't make sense, but if you use the formula (map - map at zero airmass) / map per airmass = cylinder airmass, then you get figures that make sense. I have managed to make a VE map by using the aus ford tables.

It took forever as there is a different cylinder VE graph for every cam angle. I'm not 100% sure that the figures are correct, but they look right and is quite interesting when you adjust figures in map per airmass and map per zero airmass how it affects the VE graph.

Advanced Tuner
    The offset is inHG, slope is unitless.

Make sure you use the PCM's scalar for cylinder displacement as opposed to Paul's method.

Advanced Tuner
    Jet finally made it....

Yup iam here

Lads bang up some piks of ur wideband set ups
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    I dont have any pics, Ive got a Innovate LM-2 i use If im playing with a car, and have a Innovate mtx-l mounted in the car permanantly to keep an eye on it all. I got the extra bung welded in the exhaust, but with a high flow cat you could probably use the factory down stream 02 sensor port to mount your wideband.

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    I dont have any pics, Ive got a Innovate LM-2 i use If im playing with a car, and have a Innovate mtx-l mounted in the car permanantly to keep an eye on it all. I got the extra bung welded in the exhaust, but with a high flow cat you could probably use the factory down stream 02 sensor port to mount your wideband.

Looks like a great bit of kit, do u use just the one o2 sensor and just unplug what u have "connected" or did u get an "additional" bung so u have the x2 innovative o2 sensors and the factory 02 connected all at the same time ?

If u do have u ever ran both devices to see wich is most accurate/ same as each other ?

Tuner in Training
    Ive got the LM2 unit mounted on the dash (where the starter button is on an FPV). Ill post some pics up tomorrow of it. Great tool, the LCD display is bright though and gets a little annoying when driving at night.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    The offset is inHG, slope is unitless.

Make sure you use the PCM's scalar for cylinder displacement as opposed to Paul's method.
    Thanks for the tip. I did the spreadsheet at work so used Paul's method as I didn't have the PCM's figure to compare.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Yup iam here

Lads bang up some piks of ur wideband set ups
    Turboknapp from xr6t.com has a Dynojet Wideband2 with a white faced digital gauge set up for sale. I have the same setup in my car works well for day to day monitoring.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone mucked around with the 100 Octane from United. How much more timing could you put in at lower/higher load values? I filled up with it, changed the stoich number in the base fuel table to 14.2 and added 2 degrees across the lower load regions. Seems to like it so far and the car feels more responsive on light throttle inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by George_BA View Post
    Has anyone mucked around with the 100 Octane from United. How much more timing could you put in at lower/higher load values? I filled up with it, changed the stoich number in the base fuel table to 14.2 and added 2 degrees across the lower load regions. Seems to like it so far and the car feels more responsive on light throttle inputs.
    2degrees is about it from past experience/research

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Turboknapp from xr6t.com has a Dynojet Wideband2 with a white faced digital gauge set up for sale. I have the same setup in my car works well for day to day monitoring.
    Pikkys lukas ?

Tuner in Training
    2degrees is about it from past experience/research
    Thanks Jet!

Ive got the Vortech Kit on my BA (9.7:1 comp) and im running 20 degrees at 4000rpm (makes about 5psi there), 18 degrees at 5000rpm just after the torque peak (9psi) and kicked it back to 20 degrees at 6000rpm where it makes about 12psi. This is on 100 Octane. Car seems to like it.

I used the stock timing map and pulled about a .8 degrees per pound of boost for the 98 tune, then added a little more spark back in for the e10 100 mix to arrive at the figures above.

What's everyone running for timing in their XR6Ts/F6s from 3000 to 6000rpm and what boost? Would be great to get a comparison, even though its not the best to compare to my setup because of the different boost curve and compression.

Cheers
    George

Hey mate but its a bad comparison as u would know

We have totally different head designs and combustion chambers so cant really weigh it up
    But just FYI my turbo again is different to most as i run a stock port and flap so i come up to 22psi of boost through the mid range ( 3000/4500 ) my timing drops to around 11degrees then up to 17 degrees up top
    I also use a 50/50 mix of 98/e85 fuel so again very un typical in tune structure but that was just a mix of rushing to have a car ready for the drags and pushing my tuner to do the tune that night

But got some stats on the dyno to look at

Yellow lines

Anyone want to explain/show me the wastegate control table

Piks and screen shots work best

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone want to explain/show me the wastegate control table

Piks and screen shots work best
    Its a PI closed loop system so the open loop duty cycle table is the initial reference before correction is applied to meet the 'desired boost'.

Most tuners zero the PI values and force open loop so the solenoid is running solely off the wastegate table values. It's a 2x2 table of RPM and Manifold Charge Temp, so basically you can command different duty cycles for different intake temps and RPM.

Does that make it a PITA for low rpm big load scenarios ?

Why wouldn't it be rpm/boost referanced or tps/boost ?