Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Tuner
    Have also ran 0.0000094 breakpoint with deka 60 in mine pre cooler. Now at 0.0000168 did u hey ur fuel display to a real value in the r spec?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Luke what actual change did you notice by this change?

Tuner
    Not sure if this is 100% correct but it tipped in a bit richer, wasn't so lean coming on boost, that's something I noticed
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

run standard pulse width??

Tuner
    not sure if you want my info as different injectors but i have 0.35000 mSec.

Advanced Tuner
    G'day guys,
    Im a new convert to HP tuners. Current car is an 04 BAMKII M6 Sedan, stock at the moment, awaiting the the install of my built motor from my previous 03 BA ute (370rwkw)

This is my first foray into tuning boosted fords myself so im quite excited to get stuck in once i get the car back together. Im running dekas so any scaling help would be appreciated. The car has a nizpro kit, ported wastegate, 11lb actuator and will be running a stock cat/exhaust intially.

cheers
    Luke

Hey had a BF tornado had an engine light on and the DTC's were

P1227 - Wastegate failed closed (overpressure)
    P0701 - Transmision Control System Range/Performace.

anyone seen or done anything to prevent these before?

thanks

Tuner
    P1227 i found is caused by boost running/spiking above your desired boost level. To fix it i usualy either lower duty WGDC or raise commanded boost, Unless it is uncontroled boost caused by big dump pipe and poor wasgate control. If this is the case fit a 11psi actuator larger flapper and port the housing to suit

P0701 again i found that this is caused by pcm calculated torque to be higher then the torque limits is gearbox setting. Try raising and see how you go.

They could also be triggering each other so maybe try fixing one at a time

Thanks statesman, I do believe that I'm dealng with a dodgy wastegate runnin up to 13 psi on stock actuator.....
    Is the torque settings your reffering to the indicated engine torque table? I'm already running it plus 20%

Advanced Tuner
    does it have a exhaust? if it does it will run that much boost,

just tune it in and it will make gobs of power

Tuner in Training

Xr8 Lean Tuning

Has anyone ever tried to get a semi lean cruise to work on a BAXR8?
    I played with one and no matter what i did i cant get it to lean out.If i adjust the fuel base table the scan tool says its obeying but the afrs dont change i can richen it but not lean it. If i adjust the map tables all it does is bugger up the open loop tables then after the open loop timer kick in its back to .97-99.Tried new oxy sensors tried playing with the injector low numbers but i cant seem to change it.Anyonehad any sucess with this, Its not world ending as the car tuned up good but i would have thought if you put 1.03 in fuel base it would run at 1.03. STFT and LTFT are 1-3% so its not a scaling or ve issue, any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    i havent tried it but you will need to disable the long term and short term fuel trims

does it have a exhaust? if it does it will run that much boost,
    Has stock exhaust with cat kncocked out..

Advanced Tuner
    that can be enough to cause them to over boost sometimes

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,
    im having some trouble with the tune in a 2004 BA XR6T A4, it has an APS stg 3 kit 60lb deka's 12psi actuator, (which will not drop below 24psi!) and a 4 inch zorst.
    The problem is that it will not stay in closed loop fuel controll, it will go into open loop and then closed loop whenever it likes to, i cant really pin point exactly what conditions it does it in, though it does seem like it happens when cruising.
    The other issue im having is the injector flow rate value, between hi and low there is a pretty big difference, does anyone have the correct values for the injector flow rate?
    FWIW the car was previously tuned with sct.

Thanks in advanced.

Tuner
    Maybe upload tune so can take a look. Could be many things to cause your dramas

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    Maybe upload tune so can take a look. Could be many things to cause your dramas
    The tune file is attached. Im really hoping you find something wrong.

Cheers.

Advanced Tuner
    change the 02 sensor temp back to something like 230deg and that should fix your problem

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    change the 02 sensor temp back to something like 230deg and that should fix your problem
    Thanks for the input, i tried that before, no luck so i put it back to what it was. Overall whats your thoughts on the tune? Am i headed in the right direction?

Advanced Tuner
    its not in the right spot now from memory 280deg is about where they are,

i didnt have a good look at it but i will tonight for you