Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Banish book...

Senior Tuner

Greg Banish book...

If anyone has it please PM me. Have some Q's...
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Senior Tuner
    WOW! thanks for all the reponses (7 total). I am working with a single member direct now to help me with my questions. I will follow up with each of you in order of response if things fall thru elsewhere.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

You know, I'm on here occasionally if you have questions about something specific in the book or how it applies to the HPT software...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    You know, I'm on here occasionally if you have questions about something specific in the book or how it applies to the HPT software...

I'm reletively new to PCM tuning and as soon as the Dodge credits come out I plan on buying the VCM Suite Pro to tune my SRT8. My question is about your "Basic Course". I don't plan to work professionaly in this field but want to gain as much knowledge as possible. Would this course be beneficial to me (and do you plan any courses on the west coast?)

I sent an email to The Tuning School about the value of their course but never reveived a reply, must not be that important to them . . .
    06 Charger SRT8

My basic course covers both Speed Density (VE) and MAF tuning strategies as they apply to pretty much any ECU. You should be able to take what you learn there and apply it to just about any EFI system since they all have to work within the same laws of physics and combustion. It's just up to HPT to give you access to the necessary tables in that specific ECU.

I have spoke to one group about possibly doing a class in San Diego, but have not gotten confirmation on that one. At the moment, I have all confirmed upcoming classes listed on my website, which is pretty much just the Detroit dates. I will add more once we confirm them, but it takes committed students to make the out of town class a "GO." My schedule is limited since I work full time as an OEM powertrain calibration engineer and I have to work around our development trips and such.

Tuner in Training
    if you have a class in san diego i will definitely be there

Tuner
    Yeah, San Diego is real close to me too...

Tuner
    I have your book and I'm waiting for the newest one to come out...

Greg,
    Where can a guy buy your book?
    Thanks
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown View Post
    Greg,
    Thanks
    amazon has it for like $16
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Greg,
    Thanks
    Barns and Nobles also has it if you don't want to wait.
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Are you going to release a version that will cover my 08 LS3 Corvette? Your SA135 version has a lot of useful info but mostly not applicable to my Corvette.

Actually just about everything in SA135 still applies to your LS3. You still need to dial in the MAF curve (if you've changed the airbox or MAF itself) before getting too deep into any other areas like idle control or spark tuning. A lot of the MAF examples in that book were based on analog (0-5volt) MAFs, but it also applies directly to the GM digital (0-15,000Hz) MAF sensors. Just replace "volts" with "Hz" and you should be good. If you follow the same general steps in that book, you'll see that the method works on a 2008 Vette. I just did this last week on a 2008 Z06, and will be doing the same to my 2009 LS3 twin turbo vette.

The only exception is the newer "virtual VE" function on the newer GM cars/trucks. I cover this in my Advanced GM training classes since there really isn't enough market out there for a dedicate book that focuses on such a narrow selection of vehicles. The publisher really won't go to all the trouble of paying me and printing it to only sell maybe a thousand copies. That's why I offer my training courses to cover these more specific topics.

I have a question;

Do you bleach that dog to keep it so white? LOL!

Greg, check out those notes I put together from last trip.

Seriously though; Gregs class's are a great opportuntity to really know what the GM processor is doing. Knowing this makes you look at tuning more systematically.

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Greg, any possibility of having an online course for those of us too busy to travel?

BTW: I have your advanced engine mgmt tuning book. Very nice addition to my library.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Online or DVD course would be cool. I've tuned plenty of old school rods. I want to learn how to do it the 21st century way. I too don't plan on doing this as a business, but would like to learn all I can.

Greg's book is an absolute steal for the price. I have read it many times and I am very pleased with it. Being able to actually reach Greg via this forum only makes things better.

I think Greg may have another book in the works (focused on HP Tuners). If such is true I will be buying it as soon as it is available.

Senior Tuner
    Greg,
    Thanks
    Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...oks-Submit.y=0
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

If there is a mailing list for your future publications, please let me know.

Also if you ever come to Vancouver, BC...I would be like to attend your class.

Tuner in Training
    Was there ever any progress on the San Diego class?