Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big cam idle A/F

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePerformance View Post
    OK, I think I'm following this, would you suggest I try leaving the injection boundary consistent first, or vary it first, or either way first doesn't matter? As far as the make up pulse, copy the normal #s into the make up section, or copy over the normal #s with the make up #s, and then add 1.334? Why would I add 1.344 if I am adding .667 to the single boundary value? Don't know what it means but, .667 and 1.344 are nearly equal amounts away from 1, just wondering. BTW, THANKS for the time and patience!
    This is not a black science - there are no magic numbers. Any pattern is purely coincidental.

If .667 is 30*, then double that is 1.334 or 60* - plenty of time for a make-up pulse - heck - you could even jack it out further but you really got to suck it and see. Some variations by as little as 30* can make a stock idle splutter.

If it were me, I would try:

leave EOIT boundary stock
    make the normal EOIT vs. ECT values all the same (6.167)
    copy over new EOIT vs. ECT values to the make-up boundaries
    add 1.334 to all values in the new make-up boundary

You can only try...

Tuner
    Little by little, the knowledge sinks in, I was not understanding the difference between the "normal" and "makeup" pulses, I need to study some more and make sure I know the diff, never screwed with these before. I'll have my hands on the car Sunday, need to reflash the new, (correct), injector settings in, now that I know exactly what is in the car, I'll see how that works, then put in the new boundary #s and go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Any news on how this went? I'm looking into a car with a large overlap cam and trying to nail down fueling. Any tips or experienced you (EaglePerformance) had with this car would be of great assistance.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    good info. I tried it on mine and seemed to help a little