Thread: Help with diagnose please

Help with diagnose please

All, I included the log and cfg I used on our 2006 Trailblazer, 5.3 L, auto, stock with 54000 miles. The car is running well, I get 20-21 mpg on mainly highway trips.
    I didn't know whether its a trans problem or an engine problem si I am posting it here. The car has been experiencing a shift, or slight shudder, or like a pause mainly when in cruise. It tends to happen at lower range rpm's. The trans tune in this log is stock, I had some shifting enhancements and it does the same thing. At first I thought it was a trans issue, but in looking at logs like this one for example the pattern at 33:09 to 33:20 or so it makes me wonder if its not an engine stumble causing the trans issue.
    Something else when I do the math of engine rpm vs trans out put rpm on the highway it seems like there is a % rpm variance between the two. I don't know ho much would be normal with converter locked. It also seems like the symptom happens when there is a slight change in load like a road grade changing varienceslightly or similar. I did try raising shift speeds up by 5 mph, or cruising at at higher rpm and it still does the same thing.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

thanks

Carlos
    Last edited by hobbesnmina2001; 06-02-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06

Finally figured it out and it's the DOD feature kicking in and out, disabled it and the sensation goes away. Right now its disabled and I will play with the settings once the tuning is all done.

Carlos
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06