Thread: LS3 Service Electrical System

Advanced Tuner

LS3 Service Electrical System

This one is probably an easy one but I can not find the proper code to switch off for the life of me. I run my car with the MAF switched OFF, setting the "MAF Fail High" to zero. When I do this and try to turn of the MIL reporting for the MAF failure I end up getting the "Service Electrical System" message every 10 minutes or so on the console. Anyone know how to make this message not come up and alternately (not as important) not disable the "Service Electrical System" message all together where other problems could get disabled.

Advanced Tuner
    Bump

Senior Tuner
    So it's definitely setting the MAF fail that is causing this, and not really the alternator going bad? My '08 Z06's alternator went out last year, and they replaced it with a newer design.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    It is definitely failing the MAF, the service electrical system shows up everytime when the MIL is off for MAF failure. My buddies '08 Z06 also does it, that was where I saw it first and thought there was something wrong with the car and we realized it went away when we turn MAF back on. Then did it in my car too to get rid of check engine light and bam, service electrical system.

Nice circular dependency huh.
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 02-24-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill@HPTuners, do you have any insight into this issue.

Tuner in Training
    Why does it seem this issue is totally ignored? I have a 2005 Corvette with the service electrical system message after a 2.5 bar SD tune. I've spent a lot of time chasing my tail it seems only to come on here and find several posts of people getting a service electrical system message after going to SD.

Tuner in Training
    Again, I posted on two other tabs, If you are just disabling the MAF to tune the SD, I would not worry about the code. This tells your engine there is an issue with the MAF and to switch to SD. Just deal with it until you get the SD finished. When you turn the MAF back on, the code will go away.

IF you are disabling the MAF completely, Id bet there are plenty of tutorials online on how to do this and eliminate the code......

Casey