Thread: So here’s a new one for ya!

Advanced Tuner

So here’s a new one for ya!

I just finished an engine swap on my 2007 A6 Corvette and while driving to work this morning in Sport Mode the car downshifted itself while on the freeway.

It was still pretty early in the morning so my initial thought was “Wow, I don’t remember accidentally hitting the paddles!” but a short while later it did it again and went all the way into 4th gear before I finally switched back to Drive.

I then had it out at lunch to see if it was only a freeway thing but nope, it did it on the city streets and went all the way into 3rd gear this time.

Has anybody ever experienced this before or am I the first? (a dubious honor I hope I’d rather not have, thank you).

It didn’t throw any codes but what I think it *may* be related to is my having to disconnect the steering shaft last night in order to center my steering wheel. I’m wondering if I may have bumped something under there but since I don’t know exactly where the paddle electronics are located I really can’t be certain.

I’m open to any and all suggestions since this one’s really weird.

Thanks,
    Christopher

Sounds a lot like CAGS but...not lol

Senior Tuner
    We had a 07 upshifting and downshifting without the paddles in sport mode on the dyno the other night.

Only way to be sure in Sport mode is to log the TUTD parameters and see if the button(s) are being "pressed" accidentally. Sounds like the switches in the paddles are "bumping" themselves.
    Always Support Our Troops!