Thread: serious issue with new trans

Potential Tuner

serious issue with new trans

trans has the gmr 1" chain 3.29 ratio and a unknown reluctor wheel.my car is a gt so it came with 3.29 stock,yesterday i was driving with my gps and i noticed that the speedo was like 7-10 mph fast i've put like 3k on it this way i didnt know it was an issue.When i screwed with it in hp tuners i ended up with like 2.80 fdr to get thew calculated down to 1.0 in 3rd but even then the speedo was off what is the proper way to fix this

Potential Tuner
    nvr mind i fingered it out seems that the transmission had a reluctor wheel with 34 teeth on it so you could run a 3.29 ratio in a gtp without tuning.i used the excel calculator i found on here to correct my vss pulses and then since i had 3.29 stock all of then all the heat, line pressure and speedometer problems went away long story short if you buy it used know what it has in it dont assume
    Last edited by raven842; 07-01-2009 at 01:48 PM.

The accepted protocol on this forum is that if you post a problem, and ask for help, you must post the solution - even if you figured it out on your own - so that others may benefit. It's good manners. Otherwise you may find that your subsequent posts are ignored.
    Last edited by Billf6531; 06-28-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins