Thread: O2's keep failing

Tuner in Training

O2's keep failing

I have a full bolt on 2000 z28. Ever since I have added LT's a couple of years ago, my o2's keep failing. I have replaced 5 sets of the Bosch rear vette O2's and they just don't last due to slow switching. Are the failures due to my tuning? Any cures? Suggestions?

Senior Tuner
    Wideband tuned? Probably overfueling...
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Get another sensor. It is hit or miss with those things. I am actually running stock F-body fronts right now and have zero issues. Try GM or Denso if you can.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Wideband tuned? Probably overfueling...
    The car has been dyno tuned and made 353/369, but only used the wideband for WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Get another sensor. It is hit or miss with those things. I am actually running stock F-body fronts right now and have zero issues. Try GM or Denso if you can.
    Guess I'll try the Densos this time. Should I just buy stock sensors and add extensions or run the vette rears?

I like stockers. I would go for OEM 'Vette rears.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    I'll just buy the ac delco then. I've almost spent more on o2's then I did my headers....

Tuner in Training
    Where did you buy your extensions?

Actually, I stole them and modified them off my buddy's C6 lol

We plugged the rears and used the extensions. The ends are a little different but the pin out is the same, so I just cut the divider. It was a cheap fix for me to see if my old o2s in the attic even worked lol

I usually have to disable the slow response, insufficient activity, and the insufficient switching codes when long tube headers are installed. And this is with new rear O2 sensors installed in the headers.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I usually have to disable the slow response, insufficient activity, and the insufficient switching codes when long tube headers are installed. And this is with new rear O2 sensors installed in the headers.

Russ Kemp
    Doesn't the slow switching effect drivablility and fuel milage?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt94z View Post
    Doesn't the slow switching effect drivablility and fuel milage?
    Had to disable the same codes when Lg Long Tube Pro headers were installed on a 2003 ZO6.
    No driveability or fuel mileage issues.

Russ Kemp

Yes, it can (happened to me). Just depends how severe it is. Are they hanging? If they just simply are not switching it can kick your ass pretty bad.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it can (happened to me). Just depends how severe it is. Are they hanging? If they just simply are not switching it can kick your ass pretty bad.
    Yeah, they are hanging pretty bad. Car runs great until it goes into closed loop...