Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 255 limit NOT present on 2009 Cobalt SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Stock turbo would probably run out of steam at any decent rpm well before then...any additional tables we add regarding this or limits we change will probably only help those running larger turbo's meant to spool well past 22psi.
    That's what I thought, but BTF disagrees with me, and I won't argue with him lol.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    the limit looks higher on 07 & 08 as well.
    07 is also 512?? As in 07 LSJ P12?

This would be extremely good news for '07 LSJs going with the TVS supercharger.
    Last edited by Pyros777; 04-30-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0stb1t3 View Post
    That's what I thought, but BTF disagrees with me, and I won't argue with him lol.
    You might squeeze out a couple more psi in the midrange with the stock turbo but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros777 View Post
    07 is also 512?? As in 07 LSJ P12?
    This would be extremely good news for '07 LSJs going with the TVS supercharger.
    07 lnf engines, not lsj.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    yes, the pressure capabilities in mid/lower RPm ranges is what I was inferring about the stock turbo. Once you hit 36 lbs/min@ 265kpa (SAE conditions at the inlet), Your done.

But that doesnt mean that it wont be fun. People have already hit over 400wtrq with the stock turbo for an instant (in a kappa!). torque makes cars move.
    Me love boost long time.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yea i tune porsche alot and we tune them for torque and raced many with same setups with higher hp and tell all those kinda gettins started, dont get distracted with hp, torqe is what takes the wins.
    for instance gt3 factory cup car tuned for as much hp as possible was 2 whole seconds slower than the same car tuned for as much torque as possible. seconds is a shitload of time in a race.

as for the stock turbo, i would have to say 23 psi is all your gonna get safely, after that your spinning the shaft into danger zone.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    You might squeeze out a couple more psi in the midrange with the stock turbo but that's it.

07 lnf engines, not lsj.
    Hopes and dreams crushed. lol

Since this thread was about the 09 Cobalt I took Chris' statement in the wrong context.

That, and I always forget the Sky/Solstice were around in 07.

Stock turbo would probably run out of steam at any decent rpm well before then...any additional tables we add regarding this or limits we change will probably only help those running larger turbo's meant to spool well past 22psi.

Bill.....we are waiting for these changes badly and desperately
    upgrading to COMPOUND TURBO SET-UP (GT2871r & GT4294r) , hoping to get 700whp DD

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4390942&v=wall

SPONSORS:
    baldturbofreak.com
    nitrofreeze.com
    forgestar.com
    splitsec.com
    nitrousexpress.com
    k1technologies.com
    driveshaftshop.com
    supertechperformance.com
    rceng.com
    specclutch.com
    statusracing.com
    tceperformanceproducts.com
    burnsstainless.com
    BATES ENGINEERING

hes going to tell you rome wasnt built in one day then say come back later were not done yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    hes going to tell you rome wasnt built in one day then say come back later were not done yet.
    At least they acknowledged they are working on it. I'm conservatively guessing that we won't see the updates we want until this time next year (judging by the time it took between LNF support to getting desired airload tables, torque management, ect.

Has anyone tried out the new beta? Supposidly there are some more toque management tables and PIDs but I don't know if they apply to our vehicles
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

we really want a beta with just the overboost code control, and injection psi pump control.

up up up
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Come on I got money burning a hole in my pocket ... We need Fuel tables and overboost removed and a 3 bar .. I am getting bored here

Tuner in Training
    Put it in a money market account. It's gonna be a while.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 02BlueFirehawk View Post
    Put it in a money market account. It's gonna be a while.

Senior Tuner
    Since your swingin' on Vince's gnads, why are you on here stirring up trouble? Sounds like you already found your solution. In addition, I doubt HP tuners will ever support editing over the top of someone else's custom OS. That opens up a whole can of worms that most businesses would not want.

Your really not helping your cause.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-25-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Since your swingin' on Vince's gnads, why are you on here stirring up trouble? Sounds like you already found your solution. In addition, I doubt HP tuners will ever support editing over the top of someone else's custom OS. That opens up a whole can of worms that most businesses would not want.

Your really not helping your cause.
    Well maybe if I can get someone here shaking in their boots we will see some kind of retaliation and they will kick it in high gear ! I don't understand why you are saying "YOU" we are a community .. I speak for the masses I am not the only one who wants this so stop acting like I am the only one here. I have no doubt we will see this thing cracked. No I bought my 600 Dollar solution. I don't have another 600 for vince ..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowTieTillIDie View Post
    Well maybe if I can get someone here shaking in their boots we will see some kind of retaliation and they will kick it in high gear ! I don't understand why you are saying "YOU" we are a community .. I speak for the masses I am not the only one who wants this so stop acting like I am the only one here. I have no doubt we will see this thing cracked. No I bought my 600 Dollar solution. I don't have another 600 for vince ..
    Realistically you must understand that because we don't charge a yearly fee to tune your vehicle & its a simple one & done charge of credits we simply can't spend all of our time focused on one application or one controller otherwise we would've been out of business a LONG time ago. The majority of our customers want new vehicle support hence the reason there IS support for your vehicle where nobody else has really stepped up with a full tuning suite for LNF applications. Our main goals when it comes to an application is to make it functional is to make sure you can get the most out of the pcm in a stock application. We obviously know our customers, for the most part, do additionally modify their vehicles & we try our best to map any additional tables that are necessary but most of the time this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack...difficult but not impossible but very time consuming.

What we do here is basically make those 1's & 0's in the bin file into something useable with descriptions & table axis references, just making this information understandable can take alot of time for us ie 6+ months for a single new controller so while we'd love to just "unlock" these pcm's as you say would be great but how would you feel if there was no description, no axis reference & just put under a misc field without you knowing what it does or why its there? lol WE do the research & the hard work so that you don't need to...this takes time, no way around it. And your community is not the only one we need to tend to, there are 36+ controllers we currently support, so there are 35 other groups asking to "unlock" tables at any given time whether you see them on the forum or not they ARE asking us to unlock tables.

So now you've got 36 groups asking and 365 days in a year, minus 120 days for weekends & vacation and that leaves you with ~240 days/36 groups leaves about 7 days a year to work on each specific controller for new tables, scanner pids, etc.

Unfortunately shaking in our boots doesn't add days to the calender year to do new table development for pcm's but we sure try our best day in an day out.

Regarding Vince I'm sure he's doing well with his company but he's always more than welcome to contact us regarding a position here as we are always on the lookout for talented software developers such as himself. We added two new calibration engineers last year to help with our E38/E67/E40, Ford & Dodge developement but we are still looking for a software engineer to help out and with Dodge on the brink of being released I'm sure we'd love an extra hand on some of our other projects.

BTW-please don't post any competing links as they will get deleted. If you're unhappy/dissapointed and want to express yourself thats one thing, pointing our customers in another direction on our forum is not tolerable.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0stb1t3 View Post
    Stock turbo flows well at 24 psi (265 kPa). It will loose some efficiency up top but through the midrange it should make great torque.

Tuner in Training
    Realistically you must understand that because we don't charge a yearly fee to tune your vehicle & its a simple one & done charge of credits
    My "HP Tuner money" has been set aside since march 2008 waiting for more boost. I almost bit when the 255kPa became possible last year, but didn't because I already had 250kPa. I have been lurking on this forum for a year and a half waiting for some really good news for my redline, but at this point i'd rather leave it alone unless I can go crazy with modifications. I actually put the "HP Tuner" money in a 5 month CD last month, so you have untill Christmas. In summary, there is aleast one guaranteed customer out here for >2.5bar + LNF.
    Last edited by ttypecamaro; 08-02-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    2008 Saturn Sky Redline
    Best 1/4: [email protected]

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan
    Best 1/4: 13.27@105

Both HP tuned and all else stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ttypecamaro View Post
    My "HP Tuner money" has been set aside since march 2008 waiting for more boost. I almost bit when the 255kPa became possible last year, but didn't because I already had 250kPa. I have been lurking on this forum for a year and a half waiting for some really good news for my redline, but at this point i'd rather leave it alone unless I can go crazy with modifications. I actually put the "HP Tuner" money in a 5 month CD last month, so you have untill Christmas. In summary, there is aleast one guaranteed customer out here for >2.5bar + LNF.

You can run all the boost you want as of the last beta. I've made several pulls at 35psi on c16 leaded race gas with no pcm issues.
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a